Xsr 900 | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Xsr 900

Still running stock. I love the upright handlebar. But there are lots of others along with me who find seat uncomfortable after few mins. I know some riders have changed the handlebar to clip on and likes it.

Interesting that Yamaha just keep using the same old signal lights and stalks on all their models. I guess they help keep this manufacturing costs down

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Still running stock. I love the upright handlebar. But there are lots of others along with me who find seat uncomfortable after few mins. I know some riders have changed the handlebar to clip on and likes it.

I only rode the bike for like 40 minutes, but to me the most annoying thing (by far) was the seat's forward slant. It made the bike feel cramped by forcing my ass forward. It also makes the bike feel quite tall.

I still want one just for the engine. Unbelievable power band - at 100km/h, it doesn't matter whether you're in 2nd or 6th, there's torque everywhere!

Can't wait for you guys to get bored with them in 4-5 years. *grins*

Last edited:
I sat on one and I just found the seat an odd shape... Like my legs didn't feel right the way the seat was.... Didn't ride one but just felt weird.. The fz felt better then it actually.

Bringing this thread back to the top...

I demo'ed this bike on April 28 2017, at St Onge Recreation in Barrie (Yamaha Demo Tour days).

Reading the online reviews I got the feeling that the XSR900 is a very good, but not a great bike (this review, for example). But I personally love the looks and the specs. I've been seriously considering buying it. In other words, I arrived to the demo day wanting to love the bike.

First, the cons:

* The seat would not let me ride for hours. It just bothered me. Honestly, they designed the seat for short rides of 1 hour at the time. Obviously your mileage may vary.

Yamaha offers a different seat for the bike (Ultrasuede Design Seat (B90-247C0-00-00)). Price is $353

* The bars are wrong for me. Either bring them closer to me (for a very relaxed position) or make them lower (for a more aggressive position) but they are in the middle, in a weird elbow angle that I am not used to.

I guess it could be fixed with aftermarket parts. Or just get used to it.

* The passenger seat cowl is $560 + tax

* The yellow anniversary color is not available for 2017

* For the same price (msrp) I could pick up a left over R6 from last year!!

Pros: everything else is a pro.

* Engine and transmission are great. Bike has tons of power. Front wheel comes up easily
* Suspension, brakes, ABS, traction control, etc. This bike has everything you may want.
* The blue color for 2017 is fantastic, the pictures don't make it any justice
* Etc. etc.

Last edited:
Bringing this thread back to the top...

I demo'ed this bike on April 28 2017, at St Onge Recreation in Barrie (Yamaha Demo Tour days).

Reading the online reviews I got the feeling that the XSR900 is a very good, but not a great bike (this review, for example). But I personally love the looks and the specs. I've been seriously considering buying it. In other words, I arrived to the demo day wanting to love the bike.

First, the cons:

* The seat would not let me ride for hours. It just bothered me. Honestly, they designed the seat for short rides of 1 hour at the time. Obviously your mileage may vary.

Yamaha offers a different seat for the bike (Ultrasuede Design Seat (B90-247C0-00-00)). Price is $353

* The bars are wrong for me. Either bring them closer to me (for a very relaxed position) or make them lower (for a more aggressive position) but they are in the middle, in a weird elbow angle that I am not used to.

I guess it could be fixed with aftermarket parts. Or just get used to it.

* The passenger seat cowl is $560 + tax

* The yellow anniversary color is not available for 2017

* For the same price (msrp) I could pick up a left over R6 from last year!!

Pros: everything else is a pro.

* Engine and transmission are great. Bike has tons of power. Front wheel comes up easily
* Suspension, brakes, ABS, traction control, etc. This bike has everything you may want.
* The blue color for 2017 is fantastic, the pictures don't make it any justice
* Etc. etc.

Seems like your biggest qualm with the bike is the seat and handlebars. Those can both be EASILY fixed with myriad aftermarket options for cheap.

You're considering a new R6 in its place? Those are such different bikes....

Rode the FJ-09... smooth and fun and comfortable :) same engine with slightly different "tune"

Back
Top Bottom