Sale price on a bill of sale | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sale price on a bill of sale

Many of the same people who ***** whine and moan and complain about taxes (and seek to evade them, case In point here) are often amongst the first to line up and scream bloody murder when the very things that those taxes pay for are suddenly reduced (hospital funding?), eliminated (closure of public facilities?), or in a bad state of repair (roads, anyone?).

We all love the great things our society and lifestyle includes in the first world, it's just nobody wants to pay for them. Because, ya know, taxes suck bro.

Of course, some people can't connect the dots.

animl.jpg

Would be great if all our taxes were used for good things. NOt wasted on gas plants that aren't built or hydro lines that go nowhere, etc., etc.

Would be great if all our taxes were used for good things. NOt wasted on gas plants that aren't built or hydro lines that go nowhere, etc., etc.

I agree, but the greater majority is used properly for the very things we just take for granted (again, failure to connect the dots) every day of our lives.

Then the small variation on private sales of MCs isn't even a drop in the ocean....bucket was too small a comparison.

Many of the same people who ***** whine and moan and complain about taxes (and seek to evade them, case In point here) are often amongst the first to line up and scream bloody murder when the very things that those taxes pay for are suddenly reduced (hospital funding?), eliminated (closure of public facilities?), or in a bad state of repair (roads, anyone?).

We all love the great things our society and lifestyle includes in the first world, it's just nobody wants to pay for them. Because, ya know, taxes suck bro.

Of course, some people can't connect the dots.

animl.jpg

Be a sheeple all you want but the current system is broken. The tax on every private transaction is nonsense. They might as well scrape off the gst and add 13% to our income tax.

I believe in the future we will have DAO, decentralized autonomous organization, as a form of government. The concept is still too hard for brainwashed citizens to wrap around so it it wont be in our lifetime.

I agree, but the greater majority is used properly for the very things we just take for granted (again, failure to connect the dots) every day of our lives.

Nice spin, really, and painting everyone with a very broad brush, eh?

At any rate, I guess I live immoral life ... and break speed limits to. I know, you probably don't. Shame on me.

The taxes were paid on the vehicle when it was bought new. I dont understand why they require it every time it changes hands.

Ive never been so ballsy as to put $1 though haha. Ill just shoot for the low end of what its worth. Anybody ever put down $0.01?

They tax it, cause they can. Just like any tax. Albertans fight for less tax, the oil revenue covered them for many decades.....now?

They tax it, cause they can. Just like any tax. Albertans fight for less tax, the oil revenue covered them for many decades.....now?

Now theyve got the LCBO collecting donations for them. Maybe if they paid more taxes they wouldnt need my $2

You can put whatever you want. It's up to your own personal morality. Once enough people get too greedy, the government will step in and make the process tremendously complicated and difficult.
Yes, the people paying taxes an infinite number of times on a used item are greedy.

You can put whatever you want. It's up to your own personal morality. Once enough people get too greedy, the government will step in and make the process tremendously complicated and difficult.

Surprised the province doesn't follow the DMV policy of some states. Find the average used value via KBB or similar guide, charge tax accordingly. Ignore what the buyer/seller claims as selling price or condition and leave the rest to the Insurers. Cynicism goes both ways.

I'm sure the MTO knows all about Mr. $1 R6 LOL and friends, but would need more political inertia to begin changing their current policies. It would certainly make them more efficient and who doesn't want to see smoothly running government?

Surprised the province doesn't follow the DMV policy of some states. Find the average used value via KBB or similar guide, charge tax accordingly. Ignore what the buyer/seller claims as selling price or condition and leave the rest to the Insurers. Cynicism goes both ways.

I'm sure the MTO knows all about Mr. $1 R6 LOL and friends, but would need more political inertia to begin changing their current policies. It would certainly make them more efficient and who doesn't want to see smoothly running government?

They do on cars.

They do on cars.

Exactly. You can write a receipt out for $1 for a car, but you're still going to pay tax on the wholesale value on the UVIP.

It it didn't used to be this way. I remember back when you paid the tax (and only the provincial portion, for private sales at least) on the declared value. That was great until everyone and their brother started finding miraculous deals on cars.

Yes sir, I really did pay only $750 for that 5 year old corvette.

/sarcasm

Exactly. You can write a receipt out for $1 for a car, but you're still going to pay tax on the wholesale value on the UVIP.

It it didn't used to be this way. I remember back when you paid the tax (and only the provincial portion, for private sales at least) on the declared value. That was great until everyone and their brother started finding miraculous deals on cars.

Yes sir, I really did pay only $750 for that 5 year old corvette.

/sarcasm

Nothing a friendly appraiser can't rectify

...eliminated (closure of public facilities?), or in a bad state of repair (roads, anyone?).

Have you seen the roads around here and in the gta?
I would gladly fork over $$$'s for them to fix this broken *** city.

Have you seen the roads around here and in the gta?
I would gladly fork over $$$'s for them to fix this broken *** city.

Municipal budget for the most part, so...

Nothing a friendly appraiser can't rectify

You pay the tax on the wholesale value anyways if the appraised value is lower, appraisal is irrelevant. If it's higher I'm sure they'd be happy to charge you tax on that value instead however.

Appraisals only really come into play with vehicle valuations when you're trying to insure a vehicle for more than its book value.

Ok, I get that I can put a fake price in it but does anyone actually put a fake price where they had to deal strong consequences? Putting 1$ sound surreal for me. Reason I'm asking is I have to register my bike later. Wanna save money but don't wanna get hit trying doing so and eventually end up paying more.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom