Question about full faced helmets | GTAMotorcycle.com

Question about full faced helmets

clyder

Hi everyone,

When I bought my helmet, I was told it's suppose to be tight so if it fits and it's tight, it's properly secured but I feel my face is kinda squashed . Is that something normal and temporary with new helmets or that is not the way it's supposed to be. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Should be tight but not uncomfortable. Limited by language to help further.

You can try the next size up to see if it's too loose or fits better. With the helmet on, shake your head from side to side - it shouldn't shift on your head.

Different brands of helmets have different fits.

Some helmets have replaceable cheek pads - you get different thicknesses.

I was told that it should be snug enough that chewing gum would be hard. As long as you don't have any hot spots around the crown of your head, you're good.

I was told that it should be snug enough that chewing gum would be hard. As long as you don't have any hot spots around the crown of your head, you're good.
This sounds accurate. You don't want pressure points on your forehead or around your head, but your cheeks should be squished into your face.

Damn! Gotta get use to the squished cheek then lol

If you grab your chinbar & try to move ut around, it shouldn't slide around your face. Front of helmet should remain at the front of your face

Works for all helmets not just Arai.
[video=youtube;Ovd3KGu6BgU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovd3KGu6BgU[/video]

you can end up with doesn't feel too bad/tight when you try it on, but then u really notice it in use & doesn't get better

Actually I'm getting use sorta to it. At first it always caught me by surprise (and the first few days I tried it, it was sooo hot,brutal) but when riding I don't notice it much and I open the air vent on the helmet for a nice cool breeze.

Back
Top Bottom