2016 - The year of the naked. | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2016 - The year of the naked.

Fast Bikes just posted a review of the various bikes after a long weekend of riding. On-topic.

[video=youtube;sIo05D-FhDM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIo05D-FhDM[/video]

Some brief Northwest race footage, too.

I have always loved the naked bikes. I'm thinking of selling my FZ-09 and moving into a 1290 super duke for next year. Full coverage for me is under 2k a year for a 180 hp bike. Yes please!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

the sound of the new Tuono is bono.... Are nakeds really going to catch on in North America?

Time will tell

BB

I think they are already.

From today's ride... :)

i.php

With Heather Bashow (Deerhaven Photography)

In 2011 I found myself straying from riding only to find that it was just me losing interest with sportbikes. Enter the 990 Superduke and 5 years later I'm still riding the same Superduke with NO want for any other bike to replace it.

0187F805-471C-480A-92A7-D217EC1EA95F-8934-00001071BC337B4E_zpsf1354fdf.jpg

MCN just did a test with the FZ-10 versus the other supernakeds.

https://postimg.org/gallery/kh5phipk/

The winner surprises me none, of course... it's "on another super-naked planet."

Insurance is one reason, the other is related to the fact that many of the naked bikes today perform almost at the same level as a SS bike and still managing to be comfortable. That is the reason why I switched...insurance was not the reason.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

I just recently bought a naked last October (Monster 1200R) for a different ride experience and to complement the 959 Panigale that I ride. Insurance was the same as the Pani.

PS. Ontario insurance is a scam where I can't ride both simultaneously yet I'm paying for liability on both which constitute the bulk of the premium paid.

For what it's worth insurance on my Tuono V4 is less then half of what I was quoted on a 1199 Panigale and even a little under what I was quoted on a 600ss, which boggles my mind a bit. It was a significant factor in what I decided to buy for sure.

DarR, I get a 10% or 15% discount on my insurance having multiple motorcycle policies with Aviva.

A few years ago naked bikes were not popular at all. I owned a 04 Honda 599. That bike was quick, fun and comfortable and it got a lot of heads turning and constantly asked if it was a CBR customized. Loved that bike but I wanted to upgrade to a sport tourer and had my eyes set on the VFR 800. Selling that bike on Kijiji was like trying to sell garlic fries at a vampire convention nobody would come near it. I ended up trading it in and took a big hit on it.

Both styles are amazing and both have good and bad points but at the end of the day it is personal preference. I love the street fighter look and my naked bikes. I own a 2013 Kawi z1000 and I wouldn't trade that bike for anything.

Im back to an SS. Bought an 11 GSXR 750. The naked bike is hard to ride at high speeds especially on the highway. I will always love the look of my naked SV650 but i cant wait to jump on my Gixxer.

Back
Top Bottom