2016 - The year of the naked. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2016 - The year of the naked.

Any bike you can buy is to a WSBK what a Grom is to a dump truck. But you said "If I could only ride one bike it would have be the SS that most closely resembles it's racing twin from the highest level of competition, WSBK." And uhm...

022014-2014-aprilia-rsv4-factory-wsbk-004_Melandri.jpg

So I suggested a bike that has ties to the look, to the bike itself, and is naked - thus topical. Maybe I'm just missing the joke.

Any bike you can buy is to a WSBK what a Grom is to a dump truck. But you said "If I could only ride one bike it would have be the SS that most closely resembles it's racing twin from the highest level of competition, WSBK." And uhm...

022014-2014-aprilia-rsv4-factory-wsbk-004_Melandri.jpg

So I suggested a bike that has ties to the look, to the bike itself, and is naked - thus topical. Maybe I'm just missing the joke.

No joke, naked is the topic. But some hardliners are making a good case for race replicas. Remember, these bikes make no sense in reality (hence the naked push at hand) but where they do make a lot of sense is in the eye of the mind. That's why advertisers work to get you to imagine yourself doing what your hero does, only on the street. You need the look to complete that experience. It was never about technology. Just doctor some spec sheets and hand them out to any interested side walk commandos.

AmcM6HT.gif

That's a sweet machine. Ducati really knocked it out of the park with this line up. Is that your own bike or ad copy? Parked down by the docks seems to add an element of danger, real or imagined. Doesn't matter, imagined is just as good as real in this day and age.
Thanks! It's my own bike and photo. I shot it by the Brickworks the other day. I'm really enjoying it and look forward to riding and finding cool places to take pics of it. ? I looked at a few other nakeds, particularly the Triumph Bonneville and the xsr900 before deciding on the Ducati.
Nice bike doctor t!
Thanks sempre1!

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

mybike_zpsohff5xsm.jpg

I love my new bike. Its exactly what I was looking for. New to naked style bikes, the biggest surprise to me was just how much of an effect strong crosswinds have on this bike vs a fully fared bike. Other than that.. this type of bike is going to be my go to from now on.. much better insurance as well.. its much faster than I expected it to be and it sounds great with the stock exhaust. I love having a quick shifter as well. I can't go back to not having one of those either.. :D

mybike_zpsohff5xsm.jpg

I love my new bike. Its exactly what I was looking for. New to naked style bikes, the biggest surprise to me was just how much of an effect strong crosswinds have on this bike vs a fully fared bike. Other than that.. this type of bike is going to be my go to from now on.. much better insurance as well.. its much faster than I expected it to be and it sounds great with the stock exhaust. I love having a quick shifter as well. I can't go back to not having one of those either.. :D

Congratulation on the Tuono, love mine. Just hit the 19,000kms on it.

11440461806_ea7617b70d_o.jpg

I do love how those AR pipes look but man.... the noise they make is LUDICROUS. :D

Congratulation on the Tuono, love mine. Just hit the 19,000kms on it.

THANKS! I think I'm just under 200km right now.. Can't say enough good things about this bike.. so far its just so great..

I do love how those AR pipes look but man.... the noise they make is LUDICROUS. :D

Not with the DB killer in it...

I was trying to decide between the AR pipe, or a SC project, do you guys have any insights as to which is better? I'm probably going to wait until after first service to install it. Also where did you buy it? I can't find anywhere in Canada that sells them, I was going to order it from their respective websites.

THANKS! I think I'm just under 200km right now.. Can't say enough good things about this bike.. so far its just so great..

I was trying to decide between the AR pipe, or a SC project, do you guys have any insights as to which is better? I'm probably going to wait until after first service to install it. Also where did you buy it? I can't find anywhere in Canada that sells them, I was going to order it from their respective websites.

I got mine through George at Corsa Meccanica.

as an upgrade i was looking at the Street Triple 675, Agusta Dragster 800 and the S1000R (by no means in the same class and the only common item is they are naked).

settled on the triple for now (though the dream would be to get the s1000r (soon my precious in a smeagol voice). all the SS are overkill (like a hot bond at a bar ... wait i digress)

(
as an upgrade i was looking at the Street Triple 675, Agusta Dragster 800 and the S1000R (by no means in the same class and the only common item is they are naked).

settled on the triple for now (though the dream would be to get the s1000r (soon my precious in a smeagol voice). all the SS are overkill like a hot bond at a bar ... wait i digress)

James Bond or Steve Bond?

I can't disagree with you about the naked bike, i know you enjoy your naked bike, but i also know you miss the sportsbike! Why? Because you still love the feel of the sportbike. It happened to me that's why i sold the fz09 and bought again a ss.

Agreed with Sempre. I still have my Ninja 250 after buying the Fz07 and whenever I get on the 250, I think "Damn, this feels pretty sexy!" :toothy8: .
Fz07 is so much more practical for daily riding and I can still have a lil fun with it at corners. Apparently, my 250 has square tires. Fz07 is losing its chicken strips :)

I traded in my 2001 ZX6R for a 2016 XSR900. My insurance is cheaper for a brand new bike with a bigger motor.... Makes no sense, but I wanted something more comfortable, so it worked out for me.

Very happy with it so far.

Mr Al

Aside from SS, Naked and Vintage/Cafe Racer bikes are what I would go for, it's an aesthetics thing for me really.

Im going from a GSXR 750 to a FZ07. Wondering if Im going to like it. Insurance wasn't even that bad on the Gixxer but I heard its going to get much higher.

If your coming off a gix 750 i'd go for a fz09,mt10 or a gsx1k
Having every kinda of bike (over 20) my fz09 is in the top 3 of most favorite,I threw an exhaust and had the ecu flashed which made it even more fun!
The looks are not for everyone but everywhere I go,I get asked about it(in a good way) and TONS of aftermarket goodies for it too.
I never intend to throw a leg on a SS again.

Back
Top Bottom