2016 - The year of the naked. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2016 - The year of the naked.

Sv 650 vs Fz 07?
For me it was the FZ07, I felt it was more nimble and responsive (what I was looking for in a bike I was going to use as a commuter) plus the gas milage was a tad bit better. Both are excellent bikes though.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Sv 650 vs Fz 07?
fz07 is under 400lbs if i remember well, more cc with less weight vs sv650 over 400lbs with slightly less power....

+ i like the fz looks over the sv by a large margin ... so id def go fz

I haven't ridden either but if both were parked @ timmies I'd seek out the FZ rider and say well done mate. I'd chat him up and, in an exaggerated display of loathing, place myself between the two riders.

My next bike is going to be a sport tourer. The ss bikes are getting very impractical from a few years ago, no storage & aggressive seating position.

I rode a naked bike & felt more like a hooligan. The front was light & you can see more of the road. But no windscreen not for touring

I rode a naked bike & felt more like a hooligan. The front was light & you can see more of the road. But no windscreen not for touring
If I ever bought a naked that would be my first upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

If money was no issue, I would buy a Superbike for the street as a second bike to use once in a while, but I would always have a naked bike from now on

People seem to be forgetting why people ride race style replicas on the street in the first place. I think that reason is still valid despite the genre being diluted like dollar store hygiene products by the douchevesters. It was never supposed to make sense. The fact that these bikes look the business standing still pretty much sums it up. Nakeds are sensible shoes. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

People seem to be forgetting why people ride race style replicas on the street in the first place. I think that reason is still valid despite the genre being diluted like dollar store hygiene products by the douchevesters. It was never supposed to make sense. The fact that these bikes look the business standing still pretty much sums it up. Nakeds are sensible shoes. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Agreed.

Lookwise, the appeal of SS bikes is impossible to beat. I dont find naked bikes good looking at all except fz07, 675 street triple and duc 848 street fighter. My opinion of course.

Now, if I had $$, would definitely have an fz07 as my second/hooligan bike.

If money was no issue, I would buy a Superbike for the street as a second bike to use once in a while, but I would always have a naked bike from now on

I can't disagree with you about the naked bike, i know you enjoy your naked bike, but i also know you miss the sportsbike! Why? Because you still love the feel of the sportbike. It happened to me that's why i sold the fz09 and bought again a ss.

If I could only ride one bike it would have be the SS that most closely resembles it's racing twin from the highest level of competition, WSBK. Everything else is just a pale imitation. There is a very real and and also perceived value in riding something closely aligned with the higher callings in manhood. For example (there are dozens if not hundreds examples), even driving the lowly Ford Mustang and Triumph Scrambler has a direct link to the greatness of Hollywood icon and cancer nonsurvivor Steve McQueen. Let's not forget Marlon Brando, Peter Fonda, Dennis Hopper and golf club legend Jack Nickleson the birth daddies of biker flicks that spawned a whole industry of imitators that imitated the imitators. If your ride doesn't imitate something seen on screen somewhere it probably isn't even worth considering. Technical merits cannot carry the day in todays popular culture. So to reiterate, ride a faxsimilie of the best of the best found on screen, SS per WSBK. Extent the swinging arm at your peril.

As a new rider, a naked just seems friendlier, less intimidating and more sensible compared to the more specialized types to me.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

As a new rider, a naked just seems friendlier, less intimidating and more sensible compared to the more specialized types to me.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

That's a sweet machine. Ducati really knocked it out of the park with this line up. Is that your own bike or ad copy? Parked down by the docks seems to add an element of danger, real or imagined. Doesn't matter, imagined is just as good as real in this day and age.

A superbike that looks like a WSBK competitor, eh? Well, you can have a "standard" naked bike that looks, sounds and you'd swear will go like one.

060-Tuono-V4-1100-Factory-990x660.jpg

Also, I do have a soft spot for the Scrambler. I sat myself on a few of them at the shows this year and cocked an eyebrow, not going to lie.

I can't disagree with you about the naked bike, i know you enjoy your naked bike, but i also know you miss the sportsbike! Why? Because you still love the feel of the sportbike. It happened to me that's why i sold the fz09 and bought again a ss.
In my case I don't miss it because when I do, i get on my GSXR1000 and go racing or do a track day. But I definitely know where you are coming from

A superbike that looks like a WSBK competitor, eh? Well, you can have a "standard" naked bike that looks, sounds and you'd swear will go like one.

060-Tuono-V4-1100-Factory-990x660.jpg

Also, I do have a soft spot for the Scrambler. I sat myself on a few of them at the shows this year and cocked an eyebrow, not going to lie.

With all due respect that is to a WSBK Ape what a Honda VTX is to the Billy bike. What a Grom is to a stick of dynomite. What a G string is to dental floss. What James25 is to the guy with greased axel sticks. I could go on, not going to lie.

Back
Top Bottom