2016 - The year of the naked. | GTAMotorcycle.com

2016 - The year of the naked.

They're too busy getting bent over by insurance.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Insurance is one reason, the other is related to the fact that many of the naked bikes today perform almost at the same level as a SS bike and still managing to be comfortable. That is the reason why I switched...insurance was not the reason.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

I just sold my SS to move onto a naked as well. But not because of insurance, but as veteq pointed out, its way more comfortable. Insurance IS cheaper on my new bike, but not by a crazy amount.

Im going from a GSXR 750 to a FZ07. Wondering if Im going to like it. Insurance wasn't even that bad on the Gixxer but I heard its going to get much higher.

The top three naked bikes (Tuono 1100, KTM 1290, S1000R) are NFG hardcore sport bikes that are capable of winning races and ride roads with the kind of authority and ease that clip-on superbikes can't. Ultimately the two diverge in terms of laptimes and top speeds, but I'd wager that all but the most capable of riders are faster and having more fun on the naked supers than they would on faired superbikes.

If I was more rational, I'd have bought a Tuono 1100RR (the Factory is even better as a superbike but not necessarily as a street bike) instead of the RSV4 RF. I'd be happier riding one on the street, guaranteed. The extra 20hp is something I'll only use a few times a year anywhere but a track, but the deeper and more streetable torque curve and street ergonomics are something I'd use and enjoy constantly on the TV4.

And of course, if you're not looking for something so serious, there are many good choices in the naked world today. 675 Street Triple, for example.

FZ07, saw one yesterday @ Two Wheel in Guelph. It look really good. I would ride that over the FZ09, FZ10. Hope it's not a disappointment coming from 750 GSXR. For me it would be an upgrade.

If you like naked bikes, you might enjoy ADV bikes as well. We have lots of fun roads in Ontario. They're not paved :)

If you like naked bikes, you might enjoy ADV bikes as well. We have lots of fun roads in Ontario. They're not paved :)
Will wanna get the right tires for that too hehe

But yeah I'll go naked vs full faired any day.

More upright and ergos are more natural to me. And if im not commuting, i like long distance touring which are 2 areas in which SS don't shine so much compared to naked.
Obviously naked means getting all the bugs on you but wtv...
MT 07 tracer incoming, i want it.

They're too busy getting bent over by insurance.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
ive never paid this little for SS insurance as i am this year... $649 but im over 30, 10 yrs since my M1 and outside of the gta.

next season im probably going to go 1k naked or bagger though, but i dont think ill be selling my 600rr, may take it off the road for a season while i ride whatever else i buy.

FZ07, saw one yesterday @ Two Wheel in Guelph. It look really good. I would ride that over the FZ09, FZ10. Hope it's not a disappointment coming from 750 GSXR. For me it would be an upgrade.

I just bought 2016 FZ-07 and can't be happier with this thing ... I doubt you'll be disappointed.

I traded in my Duc 1198 on a 1190 adventure a couple of years back and wont be going back to a sportbike again. The adventure handles amazing has great power, is all day comfy and is cheaper on insurance.

I just bought 2016 FZ-07 and can't be happier with this thing ... I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Just to clarify.....FZ07 would be an upgrade for me. I was addressing the 750 Gixxer rider who should be used to a major top end rush.

As a street bike Naked's surpass SS in almost every checklist except looks. But that's my opinion.

I'm really looking into getting a street triple or xsr900 later this year

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I just took my SS off the street because SS on street is retarded.

I'd love to get a naked in a few years.

油井緋色;2419975 said:
I just took my SS off the street because SS on street is retarded.

I'd love to get a naked in a few years.
Why is retarded? You can get easily in trouble as well with a naked bike.

Both my wife and I switched from SS bikes to naked; I don't see ourselves buying another SS.

Last edited:
I guess people are starting to realise that SS bikes are useless on the street, no bottom end, uncomfortable position, no storage, stiff suspension....and the list goes on.

I rode an Sport bike for 1 season when I first started and moved onto sport touring, supermoto, even had a cruiser for a little while (that pirate life lol), I still own an SS but its track duty only

Back
Top Bottom