RACE round #2 June 10-12 | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

RACE round #2 June 10-12

DOOOOOOOO ITTTTTT - Go to the Stoufville/Markham hospital, those guys will fix you good.

Seriously, getting mine removed as fast as I did was the best thing I could have done.

I've had the same pain about 4 or 5 times in the past year or so, everytime I go to the hospital they "can't find anything". Long story short, im booked for an MRI in late July, we'll see what happens after that.

Anyway back to racing, had a great weekend, shaved a few seconds off my laptimes. Wanted to say thanks to the Walkers and Burns crew for helping and all the encouragement and also Payam from Z1 Tuning. Can't wait for the next round

Once again, I was having issues with the Bandit.

Friday practice, I made EVERY session and was babying the new motor but was comfortably down in the 1:22s. Saturday practice, went out and was feeling better getting good feel from my new front end, and was ready to stick the sticky race tires on when the bike decided it wanted to start leaking fuel out of the intake boots!?!? So I missed the Qualifying race...sucks.

Saturday night, took the bike back to the shop, yanked the carbs, cleaned the piss out of them. Reset the float heights and got the bike started and running. Show up to the track on Sunday and again both practice sessions the bike was working great during the second session I was tailing Jared Walker following his lines in hopes of seeing where I was faster/where he was faster to make for a good final (if I got a good start) 5 min call up and I fired up the bike went out and did a warm up lap...as I was rolling to my grid position bike dropped 1 cylinder, then 2....then quit....HYRDO LOCKED with fuel...****. Push the bike off to the side....DNF.

The Bandit has race anxiety.

My Team mate Luc on bike #730 (EX500) was having a great first real race weekend (round 1 doesnt count) made a great start and was leading the first lap when he lost the rear going into the S's off the back straight, saved the highside but then was launched off the turtles and ended up crashing on lap 1. Apparently EX500s and Motorcross dont mix.

He is fine, bike started back up, just need to build a new fairing and re straighten the fairing stays.

So typical TUBracing standards " We don't always Start..."

Good to see a lot of racers in the LWT classes filling up the grids!

No fear of that, I own it. Brakes don't use themselves.

Having the engine on the floor doesn't look like a good turn of events...

Shaman,You use brakes going into turn 1?
Dricked do you too? I may think the 1000 may be different but man on a 600 no way
I let off the throttle for .5 sec maybe 1 then back on it.

Dricked do you too? I may think the 1000 may be different but man on a 600 no way
I let off the throttle for .5 sec maybe 1 then back on it.

Very little. I was up until last weekend because I couldn't get the bike to turn when I wanted. Now that it's setup better I can go in harder and not worry about running wide.

Its funny, you start to go faster and wonder if that's how you have to ride the bike. Then you make a change or complain to your suspension tuner and find out there's a fix for that issue and suddenly it's not so hard to go faster.

Very little. I was up until last weekend because I couldn't get the bike to turn when I wanted. Now that it's setup better I can go in harder and not worry about running wide.

Its funny, you start to go faster and wonder if that's how you have to ride the bike. Then you make a change or complain to your suspension tuner and find out there's a fix for that issue and suddenly it's not so hard to go faster.

What kind of change did you make cause I was having the same issues going way wide in corner 1. Last year the bike was fine this year I made some changes and doesn't seam to be for the better yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of change did you make cause I was having the same issues going way wide in corner 1. Last year the bike was fine this year I made some changes and doesn't seam to be for the better yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We made a couple big changes but raising the rear I believe is what you're looking for to correct that issue. There's a lot that needs to be taken into account though for it all to work together properly and that may not be the only answer.

Patiently waiting for u guys to start posting up your 'on board stuff' from RACE round 2 on youtube...

Not always. Sometimes I do to set the front suspension, not really braking, more like stabilising the bike. But in this case I was working on an outside pass and had carried extra speed to go a bit wide, and well it all came out badly...

dricked said:

This exactly. It's what I've been trying to get sorted. I dropped two seconds a lap with just a damping change this weekend. Had been fighting with the suspension being too quick, went against various advice and did what I thought would work - and there you go.

Patiently waiting for u guys to start posting up your 'on board stuff' from RACE round 2 on youtube...

Won't find it from me, I deliberately don't film my races... just don't need another distraction.

Last edited:
Once again, I was having issues with the Bandit.

Friday practice, I made EVERY session and was babying the new motor but was comfortably down in the 1:22s. Saturday practice, went out and was feeling better getting good feel from my new front end, and was ready to stick the sticky race tires on when the bike decided it wanted to start leaking fuel out of the intake boots!?!? So I missed the Qualifying race...sucks.

Saturday night, took the bike back to the shop, yanked the carbs, cleaned the piss out of them. Reset the float heights and got the bike started and running. Show up to the track on Sunday and again both practice sessions the bike was working great during the second session I was tailing Jared Walker following his lines in hopes of seeing where I was faster/where he was faster to make for a good final (if I got a good start) 5 min call up and I fired up the bike went out and did a warm up lap...as I was rolling to my grid position bike dropped 1 cylinder, then 2....then quit....HYRDO LOCKED with fuel...****. Push the bike off to the side....DNF.

The Bandit has race anxiety.

My Team mate Luc on bike #730 (EX500) was having a great first real race weekend (round 1 doesnt count) made a great start and was leading the first lap when he lost the rear going into the S's off the back straight, saved the highside but then was launched off the turtles and ended up crashing on lap 1. Apparently EX500s and Motorcross dont mix.

He is fine, bike started back up, just need to build a new fairing and re straighten the fairing stays.

So typical TUBracing standards " We don't always Start..."

Good to see a lot of racers in the LWT classes filling up the grids!

dang again! must be getting difficult for you to not stick numbers on your r3.

Last edited:
dang again! must be getting difficult for you to not stick numbers on your r3.

Hasn't even crossed my mind honestly. The R3 would need a lot of work to be race ready. (suspension, front and rear, brakes, safety wire, etc..)

The Bandit was just having an issue with the tank pressurizing and forcing fuel past the floats and into the motor. So I need to figure that out.

Hasn't even crossed my mind honestly. The R3 would need a lot of work to be race ready. (suspension, front and rear, brakes, safety wire, etc..)

The Bandit was just having an issue with the tank pressurizing and forcing fuel past the floats and into the motor. So I need to figure that out.

tank vent? i always thought a vent problem with tanks would create a vacuum atmosphere, rather than pressure? are the floats needles & seats ok. i would make sure the o rings that seal the seats inside are ok - old o rings may be cracked / loose seal? are all the cyl 's flooding out? or just one or two? sounded like you were saying all the cyl's are flooding out. head scratcher - curious about this, keep us posted when you sort it out.

wishing you the best of luck for 3rd round.

Last edited:
tank vent? i always thought a vent problem with tanks would create a vacuum atmosphere, rather than pressure? are the floats needles & seats ok. i would make sure the o rings that seal the seats inside are ok - old o rings may be cracked / loose seal? are all the cyl 's flooding out? or just one or two? sounded like you were saying all the cyl's are flooding out. head scratcher - curious about this, keep us posted when you sort it out.

wishing you the best of luck for 3rd round.

Needle and seats are all brand new, along with the o-rings...

No round #3 for TUBracing Lucs hand needs time to heal up. And I need to work on the bike.

Round #4 is where we are aiming for.

I'm pretty sure I'm done for the season....snapped my collarbone yesterday at the racer5 trackday. Bruised ribs too.....**** happens, but I'm ****** at myself cause I was looking forward to round 3. I'll try and come out and see you guys in the future rounds.

I'm pretty sure I'm done for the season....snapped my collarbone yesterday at the racer5 trackday. Bruised ribs too.....**** happens, but I'm ****** at myself cause I was looking forward to round 3. I'll try and come out and see you guys in the future rounds.

Its only a collar bone.

You should be ready for round 4. It will be stiff, but go to physio. If not #4 you will for sure be ready for round #5

Its only a collar bone.

You should be ready for round 4. It will be stiff, but go to physio. If not #4 you will for sure be ready for round #5

Yup, I'll put you in touch with my wife and my boss....you can plead my case. But I will be around, really interested to see Fiddleguy's FZ07 in action.

Get a chest protector to prevent your ribs getting damaged again. It feels weird at first but you get used to it.

That Sucks. But once you get more hardware in that shoulder you should be good to go.

Burns Racing had an OK weekend. Aaron and I are sharing the GSXR now. Suspension set up is somewhere. Horsepower is missing. Aaron still managed to Qualify top 2nd in AM 600 and 4th in Superbike. I was front row for both OBC and Masters.

Sunday Race day. I chased Dave Buckland for the Entire OBC race getting high of his Race Gas but was never able to make a pass, so I finished 5th. In the masters the two Dave's ( Buckland and Walker) and I had a great race for third with Walker just managing to stay ahead of me at the flag where he took 3rd.

Aaron ran a great 600 race chasing Chris Fehr for most of the race while Mike Hood lead from Start to finish.

In Am superbike Aaron was running in second spot for most of the race ,after Steve Cole slowed, until an electrical issue caused the bike to stumble at high RPM. He held on for a 5th place finish.

Chris Fehr has a great Video from the Superbike race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDkeSCdXFUM

I cursed a lot. A whole lot.

Back
Top Bottom