Importing a bike from overseas? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Importing a bike from overseas?

suzuki2000

Anyone have an idea of shipping cost from Britain/Europe? what might it cost to ship a bike/skid from Britain to Ontario? not looking for fast shipping, skid could come on a boat and take 3 months for all i care.

any reputable shippers somebody here with experience could direct me too?

Anyone have an idea of shipping cost from Britain/Europe? what might it cost to ship a bike/skid from Britain to Ontario? not looking for fast shipping, skid could come on a boat and take 3 months for all i care.

What bike do you want to import?

I was looking into this for cars years ago. IIRC it was ~2500 to get from England to the east coast. The problems were a) you needed someone to do a great job prepping and packing on the far side and b) it gets dropped on a dock on the east coast and you either have to go get it or pay another shipper to bring it, this was another ~$800.

Double check to ensure this bike is legal to run on the street in Ontario.
There are many that aren't.
Air Canada is having a freight sale for motorcycles over the summer.

You are looking at about 1K all in.... Shipped as crated and so called LCL service. If you are close to container consolidator willing to take it, you can save on the pickup in Europe. You will be somewhat limited because a lot of forwarders with consolidation don't take personal effects.

In another words, it's not cheap as a one way trip ....

People considering this option usually are after a vintage or grey market bike. You can sell there, but you cannot buy it here .... It doesn't make sense to go through it obviously for something you can buy on this side of the ocean.

The first question is whether the bike in question is more than 15 years old. If the answer is "no" then the answer to the original question is "you can't".

The first question is whether the bike in question is more than 15 years old. If the answer is "no" then the answer to the original question is "you can't".

OP hasn't said they plan on licensing it. For a track bike, would the 15 year rule still matter? Hell, for a track bike, you could probably import any bike as "parts" as you are never planning on registering it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom