Advice needed – Involved in a collision | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Advice needed – Involved in a collision

dealer likely won't quote for less.

I'd buy it back and do the repairs yourself, especially if the damage is all cosmetic. You can do that with a screwdriver yourself.

Agreed.

So I took the bike to SON yesterday morning to get the second estimate as requested. Dealing with that place's service department, confirmed all of the negative reviews I read. When I walked up to the counter, the guy behind it wouldn't even look at me or acknowledge me initially. I took the bike to the back and went over the damage with a tech. When I went to leave, I had to pay $50 for the assessment (half hours labour) which I'm told was a deal because it's usually an hour. The guy took all of 10 minutes if that to look it over – I was right there with him. Then when I followed up on the status of the quote at the end of the day, I was asked to pay the full hour as it took longer than they expected... they didn't even realize I had the bike with me, and I'd already paid. Very shady.

Anyways, the quote came in higher than the last place so I just made the settlement with my adjuster. They gave me a very fair price, only charging me $600 (the cost they would get from salvage). The bike is good to stay on the road, and I can fix it to my liking over time, keeping all receipts along the way.

Waiting to hear back regarding my gear, but to this point I'm very impressed with the way this claim has been handled from the get-go. From my agent to all 3 representatives - they have been excellent, calling me back to see how I'm doing and asking if I have any questions. Not at all what I was expecting. I'll post a full review in the review section when everything is done and settled.

Glad it worked out for you.

Agreed.

So I took the bike to SON yesterday morning to get the second estimate as requested. Dealing with that place's service department, confirmed all of the negative reviews I read. When I walked up to the counter, the guy behind it wouldn't even look at me or acknowledge me initially. I took the bike to the back and went over the damage with a tech. When I went to leave, I had to pay $50 for the assessment (half hours labour) which I'm told was a deal because it's usually an hour. The guy took all of 10 minutes if that to look it over – I was right there with him. Then when I followed up on the status of the quote at the end of the day, I was asked to pay the full hour as it took longer than they expected... they didn't even realize I had the bike with me, and I'd already paid. Very shady.

Anyways, the quote came in higher than the last place so I just made the settlement with my adjuster. They gave me a very fair price, only charging me $600 (the cost they would get from salvage). The bike is good to stay on the road, and I can fix it to my liking over time, keeping all receipts along the way.

Waiting to hear back regarding my gear, but to this point I'm very impressed with the way this claim has been handled from the get-go. From my agent to all 3 representatives - they have been excellent, calling me back to see how I'm doing and asking if I have any questions. Not at all what I was expecting. I'll post a full review in the review section when everything is done and settled.

Which insurance company?

Never trust the police with insurance stuff. They always get it wrong.

+1 on Allstate for me as well, (at least for the settlement on the bike). They wrote my bike off, (It was only cosmetic damage, but the parts for my bike are VERY expensive, the OEM exhaust alone is $3200).

The "total loss adjuster" got in touch with me, made a VERY reasonable offer, I accepted asked when can I get cheque, he said, we don't send out cheques for this type of settlement you will get an email within a couple of hours follow the instructions, here is your password enter it and it will be an instant transfer into your bank account. Within 5 hours of our initial conversation, the settlement monies were deposited in my bank account!!!!!!!! excellent customer service on that portion of the claim.

Still waiting to hear on my gear. The helmet was covered by another adjuster, and has been paid out, but the jacket, pants etc are handled by yet adjuster, (The accident benefits adjuster), that has not yet been paid out, (8 weeks post crash), and so far one one treatment plan has been approved, and NO income replacement benefits have been paid out, but it is MUCH more complicated when your self employed, you have to justify everything you make for the past 2 YEARS!!! plus why you spent every penny you did...

Back
Top Bottom