Transition Visors | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Transition Visors

I've just taped them, imma give that a try and edit this post when i report in.

I dont have much experience with helmets but yeah, its a pretty noisy one
Take all the fabric out & locate the hole. I stuck silicone in there. I don't need that vent ever

Tempted to get one for the next helmet (need to replace in a year), but it is just too expensive imo. Also I typically always have tailbag on me with water, rain layer, etc and it is easy to throw either the tinted or clear visor in it as well.

Next helmet will be a RF-1200 to replace my RF-1100...and I think the transition visor is around $210, vs about $80 (or less on sale) for a tinted to go with the stock clear. If it was only a $20-30 mark up, I'd probably give it a try, but not really at double the price.
I have the rf-1200, was told multiple times that it's a quiet helmet..... It's not. It's like my ears have their own personal wind tunnel.

I have the rf-1200, was told multiple times that it's a quiet helmet..... It's not. It's like my ears have their own personal wind tunnel.

But the venting in it is superb!

hi, i have a bell rs-1 topo snow with a transition helmet shield. It's one of the purchases i would do again. It allows you to see when heading directly at the sun.
the view is clear and sharp.

e6390e0b517fc34fd0d6da035d812544.jpg
6433e7c320e2c960f82c032f9d936265.jpg

Up jn here
Next time I buy a helmet I'm taking a leaf blower to test the wind noise

Really? That part is snug up against my head. Maybe you bought a size that's slightly too large.

I always wear ear plugs . In the long run it saves your hearing .

What kind of contacts did you try? There are tons of them out there, if you tried some and didn't like them, you should try one of the newer types; they're pretty good. I often forget I'm wearing them.

That said, most glasses are poly-carb and won't shatter easily if you're riding with your visor open. They'd have to be hit pretty hard. If they're glass lenses, don't be a cheap *** and get some proper lenses.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Poly-carb is actually quite a crappy material and a cheap alternative to be honest when it comes to optics. Yea, it doesn't shatter but its also a soft material and prone to scratching easily or if you have rimless drillmount frames the holes into which the temples are drilled into will start expanding over time causing the frame to eventually fall apart, the optical clarity or Abbe value as its known is also nowhere near glass and lower than every other material.

The best option is actually Trivex which is decades newer technology than poly and better in every aspect, most people haven't even heard of it though. You also won't find it at garbage mass market corporate/commercial opticals like Lensrafters and Hakim.

I've got two, they're no Schuberth's but they're not uncomfortable at all. You've either got the wrong size or you haven't properly adjusted the visor...read the pamphlet for instructions if you need them. Also its a sportbike helmet so what are you comparing it to?? Either way for prolonged highway riding you should have earbuds or plugs anyways. I've done 1000+ km day rides and had no problems with noise or fatigue.

Last edited:
The convenience of never having to change my visor is worth the price of this visor alone. I absolutely love mine. My only regret? Not getting it sooner.

Grab one and never look back!

I always wear ear plugs . In the long run it saves your hearing .

I never wore ear plugs until I rode across the USA
10 - 14 hours a day
80 - 120km a hour
they were a life saver, they day I chose not to wear them I was deaf by the end of the day.

I never wore ear plugs until I rode across the USA
10 - 14 hours a day
80 - 120km a hour
they were a life saver, they day I chose not to wear them I was deaf by the end of the day.

Makes more feel more tired and i suffer from headaches if i don't wear earplugs. That and plus my hearing is still good after many years of riding, pretty sure my hearing would be screwed right now if i didn't use them.

I have two buddies with the Qualifier DLX. They love the transition visor. However, they both agree, it does not get dark enough and often wish it got darker. I hear similar complaints about other photochromic visors. They tend to only get as dark as a "light" smoke visor, and not as dark as a "dark" smoke visor. If you're ok with that, a transition visor is great.

Are you sitting fairly upright on your bike? That is a racing style helmet for more aggressive bend over the tank. The wind flow by it better in tucking your head downwards. Shoei has other helmets for more upright position.

Are you sitting fairly upright on your bike? That is a racing style helmet for more aggressive bend over the tank. The wind flow by it better in tucking your head downwards. Shoei has other helmets for more upright position.
60/40 tuck. But you're right, tilting does make a difference. Gs500f right now until insurance calms the f down when I get my M

no helmet is quiet enough to not need ear plugs. I have a Schuberth C3 Pro which is considered one of the quietest helmet out there and still ear plugs are needed. When shopping for a helmet, the noise aspect was never even on my mind. Comfort and venting and other features like drop down sun visors mattered, no noise as I am wearing ear plugs. The only helmet that looks like you might be able to go without ear plugs is the Sena helmet slated to be released sometime this summer. If it does what they say it will do, I will be buying one for sure.
http://www.sena.com/product/noise-control-helmet/

I have two buddies with the Qualifier DLX. They love the transition visor. However, they both agree, it does not get dark enough and often wish it got darker. I hear similar complaints about other photochromic visors. They tend to only get as dark as a "light" smoke visor, and not as dark as a "dark" smoke visor. If you're ok with that, a transition visor is great.
hmmm really!?

i was okay with how dark it was. as soon as i dont have to squint im happy

Back
Top Bottom