Transition Visors | GTAMotorcycle.com

Transition Visors

Jampy00

Site Supporter
Howdy Folks,

I wear glasses, have to wear them full time. Vision is still good but just s bit blurring when I don't wear them (hard to read street signs from a distance etc.) That being said I typically wear a full face helmet with a tinted visor, I love it until it gets dark outside. I hate riding with the visor open so it's a bit dangerous ( at least IMO )

So was looking at transition visors, specifically on Bell helmets.
I like the Qualifier Deluxe as it comes pre-equiped with the visor and seems to have good reviews on Revzilla Etc.
http://www.royaldistributing.com/Catalogues/Main/2016-Spring-Fall/#97/z

So, anyone riding with a trasition visor, if so what helmet & visor and what do you like and/or dislike about them.

Oh yea, tried contacts and hate them, thinking of laser surgery but $$$$

Thanks!

Tempted to get one for the next helmet (need to replace in a year), but it is just too expensive imo. Also I typically always have tailbag on me with water, rain layer, etc and it is easy to throw either the tinted or clear visor in it as well.

Next helmet will be a RF-1200 to replace my RF-1100...and I think the transition visor is around $210, vs about $80 (or less on sale) for a tinted to go with the stock clear. If it was only a $20-30 mark up, I'd probably give it a try, but not really at double the price.

Bought my Bell Vortex while GP was running a promo for the Transitions visor. I like it but I'd still rather have a dark smoke Pinlock insert with a clear visor. I hate fogging.

I've got the Bell Vortex with the transition visor and wouldn't change it for the world. Having to wear glasses is annoying enough under the helmet (hate contacts) but the visor makes a huge difference in comfort. Doesn't take long to switch back to normal and sometimes I find it a little too dark when it's cloudy, but overall great experience and would recommend.

Bought it during a Motorcycle show a few years ago and now starting to search for a new helmet with a MUST HAVE transition visor. I don't think my glasses would fit under that second visor that comes in some models...like a fighter pilot type.

I like the idea, especially if it changes quick enough, though I do prefer having a built in sun visor giving me more control on when I want it tinted and when I do not. Drop down sun visors are a must for me, especially since I need glasses to drive/ride, much better then keeping a tinted visor around and swapping when need be.

I just wear RX sunglasses.
same here.

Also if this fits your bill or not..but you could potentially get clear visor helmet with pull down sun visor

same here.

Also if this fits your bill or not..but you could potentially get clear visor helmet with pull down sun visor

Never was a fan of sunglasses under a clear visor. Also dislike having to carry 2 pairs of glasses. But I did it when I started riding.

I don't understand how you can comfortably wear glasses of any kind inside a full-face helmet, unless you buy one that's too big for ya.

I have the Bell Qualifier DLX helmet, and the visor is fantastic! It transitions pretty quickly, and gets dark enough for full sunshine, and clear enough for night riding. My only complaint is the helmet itself. I find it very noisy.

My only complaint is the helmet itself. I find it very noisy.

Looking at a picture of the Qualifier DLX, I see that it has the same side vents as the Vortex. On the Vortex, these fairly useless vents are what's creating ALL of the noise when you're riding above 50km/h. Try taping them up and see if it makes a difference. It's night and day on the Vortex.

b8o6Q4t.png

I don't understand how you can comfortably wear glasses of any kind inside a full-face helmet, unless you buy one that's too big for ya.

It's not that bad (at least with my glasses and my RF-1100)...just annoying to take the helmet off and put it back on. Might help that I still use the thinner wire frames and not the big plastic ones some wear these days..plus mine are the somewhat bendy type, which helps for fitting them around my ears. I actually just got new lenses in the winter but kept my frames, since I knew they worked well.

As for sizing, at least in my case I almost need lube to take off my helmet (originally bought a medium but downsized to a small), so definitely not too big in my case. lol

Also causing noise is the space for speakers etc....try packing that with spare earplugs ( I use about 5 per side in a small plastic bag - they do a great job damping resonance.

Looking at a picture of the Qualifier DLX, I see that it has the same side vents as the Vortex. On the Vortex, these fairly useless vents are what's creating ALL of the noise when you're riding above 50km/h. Try taping them up and see if it makes a difference. It's night and day on the Vortex.

b8o6Q4t.png

Thanks for the tip! I'll give that a try.

Love the transition visor for commuting, never have to worry about carrying an extra shield.

Re wind noise are you wearing ear plugs?

I take it you don't wear glasses. Many helmets actually have slots for glass or sunglasses to allow for the arms without putting pressure on the sides of the head. I have never had a issue with glasses, just make sure I take them off before I remove or put on the helmet.

I had to buy smaller glasses.
Ymmv

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Love the transition visor for commuting, never have to worry about carrying an extra shield.

Re wind noise are you wearing ear plugs?

Don't use ear plugs. I'm mostly deaf anyway! How will I here the beautiful sound of my bike?:pottytrain2:

i have the RF12000 with the transitions visor, love everything about it, dislike the price of it, but you get what you pay for

i have the RF12000 with the transitions visor, love everything about it, dislike the price of it, but you get what you pay for

I 95% agree, my cheap AGV helmet has done me really well. But it's now old and smelly.. Kind of like me :agave:

Back
Top Bottom