That 5-digit life! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

That 5-digit life!

How the hell? 10k in 2 months?

Dont you work? Or are you on a road trip?
I work 4-5 days a week like any normal person. Anywhere from 50-150k round trip each day to/from work, plus a good 3-400k tour every weekend. Sometimes after work I go out for 2-3 hours just for fun. It adds up pretty quick! My bike is my main mode of transportation now, I only use the car when I have to take my son somewhere or pick up something that I can't carry on my bike. Just today I did ~240km with a friend and I haven't even gone to work yet (night shifts this week!)

Sell it now so that you don't get "stuck with it"!!

My bike is worth more to me as a beater/daily bike than it'll ever be worth on kijiji/GTAM...I've put on 50k in 7 years of riding...

I might die with this thing...

Sell it now so that you don't get "stuck with it"!!

My bike is worth more to me as a beater/daily bike than it'll ever be worth on kijiji/GTAM...I've put on 50k in 7 years of riding...

I might die with this thing...

This ^^^

Glad to see someone really enjoying riding! Within the next 5k might be the time to think about stepping up to a 500 or 650. I've put 67k on mine in 4 1/2 years. Good thing I really enjoy it cause I know I'll get nothing in trade or to sell. Next bike will be something different, and I'll just minimize the insurance coverage and keep my current one till it drops.

This ^^^

Glad to see someone really enjoying riding! Within the next 5k might be the time to think about stepping up to a 500 or 650. I've put 67k on mine in 4 1/2 years. Good thing I really enjoy it cause I know I'll get nothing in trade or to sell. Next bike will be something different, and I'll just minimize the insurance coverage and keep my current one till it drops.
I would like to, but the insurance on a bigger bike is just too much for me at the moment. I plan on keeping the little cbr300 until it's death like I did with my first car. Eventually I'll go 600 sport touring or something, or just jump right into a 1000+ standard bike.

That's good but it's mileage on a CBR300 so they count as half a km of a real bike.
At least I'm out riding.

Last edited:
I would like to, but the insurance on a bigger bike is just too much for me at the moment. I plan on keeping the little cbr300 until it's death like I did with my first car. Eventually I'll go 600 sport touring or something, or just jump right into a 1000+ standard bike.

At least I'm out riding.

glad youre enjoying the bike and it is helping you thru a rough patch...theres a saying:
"you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a therapists office"

maybe you will get something bigger, but its never going to be as much fun as your first bike, so keep on truckin' !

Last edited:
Wanna bet?
I'm curious to find out! I think Dr Lux meant that you'll never forget your experience of learning to ride and master a motorcycle for the first time. And having done that on a brand new bike just adds to the excitement. I don't think I'll ever forget my little WeeBR even after its dead and gone!

Almost 12,000km now, my second oil change is coming up soon. Just adjusted and clean/lubed my chain, topped up my oil, checked brake fluid levels, and cleaned out the breather tube. PSI is holding steady in the new tire and I upped it by 2psi to feel the difference. Nice to see our resident troll has been removed as well :)

My first bike was an '85 450 Nighthawk....almost every bike sine has been more fun...had a few Gixxers, VFR, Sabre, FJ, YZF, etc....even the '83 450 Hawk with hard tires was more fun. Why? cause I could ride better and used them more.

check your tire pressure
Where??? lol

Congrats OP - I also got back into riding after a bad period and I am so glad I did.

Back
Top Bottom