Vacation time

Jayell

Site Supporter
dbc2e739fa5016105cfd5316b04672b5.jpg

See you in five weeks. Hoping the Tiger can get the job done. ��

b8becc8d3bcd633ce6cf1b91ac85b02e.jpg

The trusty mule, loaded and ready.

dd2344cf405253db2c459dd6d37ac838.jpg

My office for the next five weeks. My brother insisted I take his Garmin. I prefer my paper.

Riding from Pickering, Ontario to the Arctic Circle via the Haul Road, then various exciting points south. Hoping to get to D2D, as well. The ride west will be entirely within Canada, the return trip through the USA. It's the ride of my life; if I don't do it now, I likely never will.

I'm two days in at this point. I'll try to post brief daily updates, as long as I can find wifi.

via Tapatalk

Last edited:
Awesome... have fun Jayell

I am sure Mrs. Jayell is looking forward to her much need break :p

tigers were made for that!

Take pictures!
Hopefully we see you intermittently with updates and the like!

Enjoy.
Ride safe.
Jealous.
Subscribed. (Assuming this is where you will post updates)

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Five weeks. Nice! Going anywhere?

I vote for Bust. I hear great things about France, and was smitten with Europe when I went over there.

Edit: Really looking forward to following your adventure, wherever it takes you ;)

I'd rather tour south but good luck

I'm sooooo jealous! Have a safe trip and keep us updated a bit if you can.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Safe riding. Looking forward to the pics.

Whoah! Thanks for the replies. I'm not sure if I can live up to expectations, but I'll try.

Tuesday June 7, 71,911 Pickering to Wawa. A bit chilly, some rain from Barrie to Parry Sound, heavy headwind from Espanola to Sault. Ste. Marie. One bear sighting in Agawa Bay, 957km.

d3593ee62bfb8b5af4504a4a5cca4294.jpg

The Tiger is running like a good soldier. Comfortable and plenty of juice, but bloody heavy all loaded up. Even so, the wind was tossing the bike around like a toy. It became tiring after a while.

A couple of pics in Wawa:

a1fc812fe5cf7960e5f0af15cef08b3b.jpg

9163369409017d3bca5158cd7b85430e.jpg

3b2b6fb655f23b08be76cf8130d86007.jpg

via Tapatalk

Last edited:
5 weeks - Nice trip! You doing some motels and some camping? Are you doing a tire change at all when you get up there, or just running what's on the bike for the whole time? Going to ride the Dempster and others?

Uhh...camping, Shane? More like tenting. No cooking. But on cold nights like this one, a motel will do. I might be hearty, but I'm not foolhardy.

I left on new pair of K60s. I expect them to go the distance.

I'll ride the Dalton, the Haul Road, to the Arctic Circle. Not interested in Deadhorse/Prudhoe Bay, there is simply nothing there but a two hundred dollar motel room.

via Tapatalk

Have an awesome trip!

That's a good first day. I was out all afternoon underdressed. I hope it warms up for you. Who's handling your weather file? You want I should alert MacDoc?

Who's handling your weather file? You want I should alert MacDoc?

I look up at the sky in the morning, then make an appropriate choice. Bloody cold this morning, 2°. I believe it'll be warmer heading west.

via Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom