Anyone willing to help me with some M1/M2 practice? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone willing to help me with some M1/M2 practice?

AngryTaco

Hello! I got my M1 licence in April and I did half of an M2 course a few weeks ago, where I realized that I was seriously in need of some practical experience. Just wondering if there's anyone out there with some riding experience and a (preferably crappy, old) bike who'd be willing to let me take it around a parking lot for a bit. I need some practice in shifting gears and taking corners at higher speeds. I would be able to reimburse you for gas at least, and of course I'd cover any damages that happened (although that's very unlikely, I can at least keep a bike upright at this point.) It would be great to find someone with a lower CC bike (250-350) but I guess as long as it has two wheels I'll give it a shot. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

U6uBYmH.gif
...No.

Most Rider Training companies like RTI and MTOhp offer private lessons. Sounds to me like that's what you need.
There a lot of costs involved with riding; proper gear, insurance, maintenance....the list goes on.
So if you're not willing to shell out a little money for proper training, well then maybe motorcycling isn't for you.
You gotta pay to play.

How did you only do half of the m2 course?
Did you dump their bike on day 1 and they asked you to leave?

Why not just go with RTI?
They provide the bike/lesson/exam and be done with it on a weekend.

How did you only do half of the m2 course?
Did you dump their bike on day 1 and they asked you to leave?

There was a lady back when I did it that dropped the bike at LEAST a dozen times. She was never asked to leave. (this was RTI)

So I can't imagine why.

There was a lady back when I did it that dropped the bike at LEAST a dozen times. She was never asked to leave. (this was RTI)

So I can't imagine why.

Generally people are not asked to leave a course unless they intentionally do something unsafe multiple times or refuse to follow instructions.

Not sure about other programs, but RTI will let you retest, and you get extra practice time on bike beforehand.
Also why is this in ride section?

Op the main reason why most likely no one will help you is:

1)What happens if you happen to fall in a weird way and break your back, your insurance lawyers (you won't have a choice) will go after the owner of the bike and their insurance - why would anyone put themselves at risk.

2) What happens if you have a fall (since you are a new inexperienced rider) and damage the bike? how would the person be guaranteed that you will pay for damages, even if you do pay, they will lose valuable summer riding time.

Disregard the rude comments but understand why people won't jump at the chance to lone you their bike to practice.

Op the main reason why most likely no one will help you is:

1)What happens if you happen to fall in a weird way and break your back, your insurance lawyers (you won't have a choice) will go after the owner of the bike and their insurance - why would anyone put themselves at risk.

2) What happens if you have a fall (since you are a new inexperienced rider) and damage the bike? how would the person be guaranteed that you will pay for damages, even if you do pay, they will lose valuable summer riding time.

Disregard the rude comments but understand why people won't jump at the chance to lone you their bike to practice.

Why not just buy an old 125CC bike, insure it and practice all you want? Could probably sell it for roughly what u paid....

OP - fill in the blanks something is not adding up :O

Hey! Thanks for all the suggestions, just answering a couple questions people had:
1. Yeah, trying to spend as little as possible on this, my entire set of riding gear was a hand-me-down from my uncle and I honestly couldn't afford to look at a bike at this point, hahaha!
2. I only finished half the course because it took place on a weekend where it hit +36 and I got heatstroke on top of the strep throat I already had at that point. :/ Not a good weekend overall. Fortunately the people there were nice enough to let me reschedule.
It's good to know there are places that do one on one lessons. Probably at some point I'll be able to take the hit on it. Anyway, thanks again everybody!

Back
Top Bottom