Introduction to offroad riding | GTAMotorcycle.com

Introduction to offroad riding

MNSTR

Hello GTAM'ers. My name is Jarrod. I'm sorta new to on road, sport riding, with my recent purchase of a Ducati Monster. I am however a veteran rider offroad. I'm offering to take new riders, interested in trail riding, out for a day, and giving them an intro to trail riding. Nothing heavy, just the basics of how to read the trail, rider positioning, things like that. If particular riders are into it, we can get more in depth. I'm by no means a pro, I've just been riding for many years, and been lucky enough to learn from some excellent, and on occasion, pro riders. I would classify myself as an expert level trail rider.

Anyone interested, please PM me, or post up here. All I ask is you have a good running, street legal dualsport bike, and be willing to come to Acton (good trails to learn on). Anyone not using a street legal bike, we could trailer to creemore if interested. Going to keep this to 1 or 2 people at a time. Easier for me, and better for those who are very new to trails.

There is no cost. Other than your own gas and food and such. I like meeting new people, teaching, and trail riding. It's all a win win for me! Cheers all!

Check out some vids I put up on YouTube. Nothing crazy, just to get an idea of the riding I'm talking about. There are a couple crash vids. Things that happen when you get complacent! One of me, and one of a guy I was showing the ropes to.

https://www.youtube.com/user/thegoodstink

Last edited:
I would be up for it one weekend. I am not a total newb, but getting back it after a long hiatus.

But I would definitely have to trailer it to Creemore. My bike is blue plated, but my tires are not ... LOL .... I mean they are DOT, but really good only for off-road and will get chewed up on road real quick, especially on 2hr or so ride from Brampton ...

Whereabouts in acton do you trail ride? I work in acton and ride a KLR would love to get out on some trails.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Sounds like fun, thinking weekends or weekdays?

I ride on weekends mostly. The places I ride in Acton, are private spots, that I've sought out permission.

Well I would be interested in doing some offroad with someone there to give me pointers. I live about 10 mins outside acton towards Erin

Well I would be interested in doing some offroad with someone there to give me pointers. I live about 10 mins outside acton towards Erin

We could go out sometime in the evening during the week if you'd like. If you live fairly close to Acton, I could meet you in town at the Tim's, and we could go from there.

I'm definitely interested

I'm in Oakville but have ridden up in creemore

I'm on a wr250r

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I'm definitely interested

I'm in Oakville but have ridden up in creemore

I'm on a wr250r

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Threadamortus? :eek:

On a constructive note... has anyone ridden the Creemore area this year (Orchard Hill, Back of Mansfield hill, concession road allowances, etc... that are usually part of ODSC's Creemore ride) to be able to share the conditions? These are really the only 'somewhat legal' trails available (since most of these are just unmaintained road allowances) while all the real riding areas are closed due to lock down... :mad::poop:

Threadamortus? :eek:

On a constructive note... has anyone ridden the Creemore area this year (Orchard Hill, Back of Mansfield hill, concession road allowances, etc... that are usually part of ODSC's Creemore ride) to be able to share the conditions? These are really the only 'somewhat legal' trails available (since most of these are just unmaintained road allowances) while all the real riding areas are closed due to lock down... :mad::poop:
It's all good, some muddy bits.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Rather than start a new thread, not sure how many Dirt riders are here... Though i just picked up a KTM 250, (needs some work, hopefully all good to go by May). If anyone here does a few rides, needs some company, or knows a group, I'd love to join!

I'm solo atm, and don't know any off road riders. The ODSC forum is pretty dead, and I don't have facebook.

Rather than start a new thread, not sure how many Dirt riders are here... Though i just picked up a KTM 250, (needs some work, hopefully all good to go by May). If anyone here does a few rides, needs some company, or knows a group, I'd love to join!

I'm solo atm, and don't know any off road riders. The ODSC forum is pretty dead, and I don't have facebook.
Check out the forums over on SCORRA. That's the oftr club for the Barrie area, we have some of the best single track riding in Ontario. Lots of rides are posted on there and are usually open invite.
There is a large group of guys that ride in Simcoe County I can hook you up with but they mostly organize via Messenger, which I believe is through Fb.
If you're not shy, just show up here any Saturday or Sunday morning between 8 and 9 and say hi. You'll be welcomed by any riders unloading no problem.
44°32'22.4"N 79°42'06.5"W

We have a fairly active dirt group on Facebook; KW Soil Riding. We try to get out as much as we can. Whenever there's a ride going on, we just post it as an event on our fb page (that way invites get generated to members).

Check out the forums over on SCORRA. That's the oftr club for the Barrie area, we have some of the best single track riding in Ontario. Lots of rides are posted on there and are usually open invite.
There is a large group of guys that ride in Simcoe County I can hook you up with but they mostly organize via Messenger, which I believe is through Fb.
If you're not shy, just show up here any Saturday or Sunday morning between 8 and 9 and say hi. You'll be welcomed by any riders unloading no problem.
44°32'22.4"N 79°42'06.5"W

Not shy at all, will show up and see! I'm no pro, I have ridden dirt, though this is my first Dirt bike so maybe won't keep up with everyone.

Thanks for the info, I have no idea where to start other than buying the passes

Not shy at all, will show up and see! I'm no pro, I have ridden dirt, though this is my first Dirt bike so maybe won't keep up with everyone.

Thanks for the info, I have no idea where to start other than buying the passes
If you see a chubby middle aged Asian named Yun with a burgundy Dodge ram riding a ktm300 2t tell him Jeremy said hi and stick with him. He's super friendly and you'll be able to mostly keep up to him.
@Lightcycle do you know if Yun Kan is on gtam?

Duplicate post.

Back
Top Bottom