Hello from Oakville | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hello from Oakville

Micro

20 year old from Oakville here. New rider.

Finally rode after getting my M1 a month ago (400 cc dual-sport)!!!!! Surprisingly picked it up quickly - although I found it slightly challenging to keep up with everything... clutch, throttle control, turn signal + cancelling signal, worrying about stalling in front of traffic etc.

Going to be doing safety course next month as well to get the M2!

Cheers,
Micro.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

congrats and welcome.
First Don't ever worry about keeping up. do your thing, ride safe and always learn. It's easy to go fast in a strait line. It's when you have to break and move around cars that don't see you or cut you off.
Find a nice parking lot and just go every few spaces and work the clutch to go and stop over and over and you will have it down fast. GL on the course!

good to hear your taking a safety course...also there lots of threads/stickies i.e ( why we crash, are 600SS good beginner bikes ..etc ) here on GTAM from members with many years of experience that will make you a better/safer rider.

20 year old from Oakville here. New rider.

Finally rode after getting my M1 a month ago (400 cc dual-sport)!!!!! Surprisingly picked it up quickly - although I found it slightly challenging to keep up with everything... clutch, throttle control, turn signal + cancelling signal, worrying about stalling in front of traffic etc.

Going to be doing safety course next month as well to get the M2!

Cheers,
Micro.

It was a lot for me to take in also(this is easier then driving manual transmission on a car). Eventually it will become instinct. Find a nice quiet set of streets you can practice on. That's what i did the first week or so.
Once i felt ready, i did main roads. This was all after taking and passing my M2 course.

I've stalled in traffic and in middle of a turn, just remember not to panic.

Welcome!
Wheelie.gif

Back
Top Bottom