Thinking of buying a 2005 BMW K1200s...... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Thinking of buying a 2005 BMW K1200s......

Agree they are not waterproof as they leak through the gaskets, but the inner dry bag liners that come with them them allow you to keep items completely dry.

Just a reminder: those panniers are not waterproof... :)

Always lusted after one of these only in blue :) Like the coppertone though , never sen that before. Congrats on the new ride!

Always lusted after one of these only in blue :) Like the coppertone though , never sen that before. Congrats on the new ride!

Thanks

it was my year for a nice bike, and I am taking full advantage of it....

It's actually a Daytona Orange, and it was done many years ago

P1020376.jpg

It's not the material, it's the accordion mechanism that expands/contracts the bags that lets water in.

what about using that stop leak spray in those areas?
The spray the guy uses for gutters or the bottom of the boat he cut out...lol

I imagine that should offer some sealant...assuming the spray does not damage the material.

what about using that stop leak spray in those areas?
The spray the guy uses for gutters or the bottom of the boat he cut out...lol

I imagine that should offer some sealant...assuming the spray does not damage the material.

You could try. But the panniers are sold with a waterproof liner. They were never meant to be waterproof in the first place.

And this is BMW who have figured out ways to over-engineer *everything*, so if they say it isn't waterproof, then personally, I wouldn't try to make it waterproof...

Well I did it, finally got a bike, and damn near close to what I have wanted, she needs a bit of work, but nothing a few dollars won't cure.....

Looking right now for a new slip on, getting new tires, ordered a new dark windscreen, and trying to figure out what GPS to use, no not the expensive one, I don't ride far and wide, just locally and the odd trip east or west, I have not done much in the way of long distance touring ever, so I have to take it slow.....

anyways a few pics of my girl....

yes the M badging has been removed......

1.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

8.jpg

11.jpg

9.jpg
Congratulations! That's one sweet bike, love the colour.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

I have the same design bags on my F800ST, personally I like these bags...not too big when you aren't stuffing them but they have the capability to expand and hold quite a bit more when you need them.

Congrats on the bike...I have demo rode the newer model K1300S a few times and it is one of my favourite bikes ever!

Never seen that colour before. I always see a silver one with yellow wheels around work. he commutes year round. guess it's a good bike.

Is that a custom paint job? My brother has the '05 Bumblebee and I have the '06 Blue/White and the other 2 colours from that gen were silver and blue if I remember correctly.

Enjoy, nice colour combo. The bags are quite small but good for free . Many people switch to givi or other decent waterproof bags...

BB

Never seen that colour before. I always see a silver one with yellow wheels around work. he commutes year round. guess it's a good bike.

I hope it's good, going to be daily ride and going to try and get into some long distance riding, this bike should do just that

Is that a custom paint job? My brother has the '05 Bumblebee and I have the '06 Blue/White and the other 2 colours from that gen were silver and blue if I remember correctly.

Custom paint yes it was done by a US company as a throw back to when they did the R90 in the same color

That is a beautiful bike. Congrats! :thumbup::la:

Thanks

Enjoy, nice colour combo. The bags are quite small but good for free . Many people switch to givi or other decent waterproof bags...

BB

Thanks, the bags for now will do, I usually don't plan to ride in the wet, but that could change can't have perfect days everyday

this picture was the only one I could find and I think it's of my bike, trying to get confirmation from the BMW dealer that had it posted on their site, as they say it was a custom paint job done by them or for them

And I just got this from the BMW dealership in the US

Hello

Yes, we painted this in 2005 for BMW MOA (Motorcycles Owners of America group) and they gave the bike away at their National Rally in Troy Ohio that summer.
The color isn't exactly Daytona Orange - Kent, our painter, wanted to give it a modern interpretation of Daytona Orange so he formulated this color with some spectraflair color shifting pigment added to the silver; the orange was designed to be slightly more transparent. When looking at the silver from different angles you'll see some color play that isn't in the original Daytona silver.
The bike still looks really good. Hope you enjoy the bike!
Nancy

That's cool

Nice bike and very cool back story ?

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom