GP bikes service department | GTAMotorcycle.com

GP bikes service department

huhsure

At the end of last season I was in an accident, https://gfycat.com/ThunderousDisgustingJohndory. It happened on November 4th and by the times I had the guy come out and take pictures of the damages and do his thing it was November 13.

I brought it to GP on the 14th and was told it would take 2-3 weeks depending if parts were on back order or not.

December 12th phone to see whats going on and was told the parts wouldnt be in until the new year.
January 25th phone again to see whats going on, says he cant check right now because the system is down and he will call me back, phones back saying the parts are in and it should be done anytime between Jan 28- Feb 2.
Feb 5th- still not done
Feb 19th phone them again, told the fairings didnt come with decals and now they have to order them. Big surprise those are on back order and will take 2-3 weeks.
Feb 29th they actually CALL ME for a change and say the decals will be in 1-2 days and they will do it asap.
March 7th its back to normal, i have to phone to see whats going on. The parts havent arrived yet
March 8th phone in again and told it will be done tomorrow
March 11th first call wasnt answered and second call was. Told they forgot a decal and they have to order it, its on back order as usual. Says he will phone up the insurance and see if they can release the bike to me without it and call me back. Never calls me back.
March 12th phone to see what happened and was told the guy I talked to doesnt work weekends and to call back on monday.
March 14th Phone to see if it can be realesed, told it could have been on friday but he forgot to call
March 14th Pick it up to find out it was stored out side all day from the time i dropped it off until pickup. Its covered in all kinds of ****. was only brough inside through the nights. Battery was also ****ed but they gave me a new one for free.
MAY 28th the last decal has arrived. It has 2 folds in it... and he wont put it on for me unless i book an appointment for it. I take it to do myself but first I leave it under some books to hopefully fix the creases.
June 5th Decal still looks ****ed.

Pictures of the bike in all its rained on **** covered glory http://imgur.com/a/9h6PV
Pictures of the folds in the decal http://imgur.com/a/yOQJk, they are abit hard to see with it being black and not being able to get the light right on it.

Overall I wont be bringing them anything ever again or even buying gear from the store. This is ****ed.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. GP bikes can be pretty crappy.

I do my best not to take my business there.

This place is really hit or miss I guess. I bought my bike from them in April, which was a great experience. I was a demanding guy, and they met all the criteria I laid out for them, all while smiling, and treating me well!

Just had my first service done at 1000 kms. They squeezed me in when they didn't have to, and had me in and out, in an hour and half. It's to far for me to go really, so I'm likely going to try something closer to home, but I found them pleasant and accomodating.

I have heard from other people negative stories, i can't say bad things about them..mind you i only went once through them and Ken worked on my bike. Most of the parts and accessories i buy with them.

Have no issues buying things from them, but I will never take my bike back in for servicing.

My 20K service, which included a valve check, was a mess. Some of the highlights included a mirror/grip assembly that was not put back in its original spot; missing screws from my crash bar (which they ended up mailing to me); and oh yeah, loose rad fittings and a rad plug that wasn't actually plugged, resulting in some fun splashing. They did ship me a bottle of rad fluid, mind you, and gave me the offer of a free oil change as compensation. How generous.

Interesting reading this thread.. hmm. I always thought they were the "golden boys" of Motorcycle Stores.

Interesting reading this thread.. hmm. I always thought they were the "golden boys" of Motorcycle Stores.

I thought so as well, but perhaps that is just the sales end of the business; the service aspect seems to be a differnet matter.

So I bought my triumph from them ....how does one keep their warrenty intact avoiding going back to them for service ? Can I only go to a triumph authorized dealer?

So I bought my triumph from them ....how does one keep their warrenty intact avoiding going back to them for service ? Can I only go to a triumph authorized dealer?
You should for the first service to avoid warranty issues, after that as far oil change you can do it yourself.

I've been there once and asked for a price for tires installed. I was pretty disappointed that they told me to walk to parts to get a tire price, and then walk over to service to get an install price. Seems like service there is not the priority, but gear sales and bike sales are.
Given they are way the **** in Whitby makes it even less appealing to go there, but they just didn't seem to care at all.

I've can't say anything bad about gp bikes, always had a fantastic experience there. Fact they are so close is a bonus for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowandsteady View Post

You should for the first service to avoid warranty issues, after that as far oil change you can do it yourself.

any triumph dealer you choose can do the first service - you don't need to get it done where you bought it, just be sure the place choosen is an authorized triumph dealer

Last edited:
At the end of last season I was in an accident, https://gfycat.com/ThunderousDisgustingJohndory. It happened on November 4th and by the times I had the guy come out and take pictures of the damages and do his thing it was November 13.

I brought it to GP on the 14th and was told it would take 2-3 weeks depending if parts were on back order or not.

December 12th phone to see whats going on and was told the parts wouldnt be in until the new year.
January 25th phone again to see whats going on, says he cant check right now because the system is down and he will call me back, phones back saying the parts are in and it should be done anytime between Jan 28- Feb 2.
Feb 5th- still not done
Feb 19th phone them again, told the fairings didnt come with decals and now they have to order them. Big surprise those are on back order and will take 2-3 weeks.
Feb 29th they actually CALL ME for a change and say the decals will be in 1-2 days and they will do it asap.
March 7th its back to normal, i have to phone to see whats going on. The parts havent arrived yet
March 8th phone in again and told it will be done tomorrow
March 11th first call wasnt answered and second call was. Told they forgot a decal and they have to order it, its on back order as usual. Says he will phone up the insurance and see if they can release the bike to me without it and call me back. Never calls me back.
March 12th phone to see what happened and was told the guy I talked to doesnt work weekends and to call back on monday.
March 14th Phone to see if it can be realesed, told it could have been on friday but he forgot to call
March 14th Pick it up to find out it was stored out side all day from the time i dropped it off until pickup. Its covered in all kinds of ****. was only brough inside through the nights. Battery was also ****ed but they gave me a new one for free.
MAY 28th the last decal has arrived. It has 2 folds in it... and he wont put it on for me unless i book an appointment for it. I take it to do myself but first I leave it under some books to hopefully fix the creases.
June 5th Decal still looks ****ed.

Pictures of the bike in all its rained on **** covered glory http://imgur.com/a/9h6PV
Pictures of the folds in the decal http://imgur.com/a/yOQJk, they are abit hard to see with it being black and not being able to get the light right on it.

Overall I wont be bringing them anything ever again or even buying gear from the store. This is ****ed.

Just curious who you typically felt with from service?

I ONLY talk to and deal with Jeff. If it weren't for him I would never go there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious who you typically felt with from service?

I ONLY talk to and deal with Jeff. If it weren't for him I would never go there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pretty sad when only 1 person is good,I went there for tires and was happy with the service.

FWIW I've had a total mixed bag there.

When my wife and I got back into riding last summer we went there with the full intent to spend about $1K on gear..only to find that a lot of what we had already decided on (via their website) wasn't actually available anymore so we were told. This was after we wandered the store for about 15 minutes before anyone even acknowledged our existence, only after we asked for a salesperson's help...who decided about 10 minutes later that apparently she was too busy to continue helping us and wandered off. We went down the street to Royal instead and spent the $1100.00+ there instead.

Their service department, hit and miss. I have bought and had installed 3 tires there this year, took the rim off and just brought them in bare all three times. They are quite competitive (coming within $10-$25 of online prices) for tires so I've been happy there, but yeah, the actual service experience has been meh. Mixups, lack of communication between sales and service, that sort of thing.

Back
Top Bottom