Sharp Rider / Total Control | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sharp Rider / Total Control

Gsus

After a few years of trying to figure out what would be a good training course, i pulled the trigger on Total Control. I am a shift worker, live in London, and have been riding about 12-15000 km / year for about the last 8 years. Being a shift worker with a messed up sleep schedule, i don't have a lot of time I can commit to a training course, and London makes it inconvenient to get to many of the training programs around. With 8 years experience, I find myself in that dangerous area between newb and experienced rider, where I can either see myself in need of better habits and continued learning, or be complacent and think that I'm doing fine. My concern with taking this course was that I would be tired all day, and that I wouldn't learn enough to justify the $4++ price tag. My concerns were quickly and painlessly removed as soon as we got to our first range activity, and over the the next few hours I felt more and more like a newb than I expected to. Oddly enough, even though I was up at 4am that morning, my energy level seemed to grow all afternoon, to the point that even after almost 12 hours of instruction, I felt wired when the day was done. Sometimes, in life, you just don't know what you just don't know. I think my aha moment for the day was the realization of how little i know, how much more there is to learn to be a really good rider, and how attainable that learning can be though good, solid instruction. The quality of instruction, level of detail, and patience of instructors made this course worth every penny.
Big thanks to the fine folks at Sharp Rider and Total Control

Do they provide their own bikes?

Do they provide their own bikes?

Nope, but it's not a track course, so the only alteration to your bike is that they take a few lbs of pressure out of your tires. A few hard parts got scraped yesterday, but no bikes down. There were a few guys from California on rented bikes as well.

"so the only alteration to your bike is that they take a few lbs of pressure out of your tires."
why do they do this?
thanks

Thanks for this! I like to take a riding skills course every Spring. These programs seem fit the bill.

Back
Top Bottom