Ali | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ali

It must be awesome to be able to look so deep into the sportsmans' psyche from such a distance. Professional athletes work to meet the demands of an artificial construct. To make top tier, assuming certain physical gifts, requires a certain type of motivation and mindset. These are not always noble qualities in a human all things considered. No offence to sports stars personally but it's pretty retarded how we turn athletes into icons. As a culture we need to give our collective head a shake. "Oh, I see you're on top of the leader board by .01 seconds, what are your thoughts on world hunger?" LOL, it's like people care what you think based on cc.

It was Ali that brought a new level of marketing genius to the sport of boxing, he was smart, fast and exciting to watch. Only George Chavalo took him to 15rds. Smart guy and a guy I'd loved to have had a beer with when he retired.
After Howard Cosell , the greatest sports caller in boxing announced he would never call another fight I re evaluated my own thoughts on boxing.

Lots of famous people I'd like to have a beer with. Would they have a beer with me tho? I'm not bitter.

Back
Top Bottom