GTAM Camping | GTAMotorcycle.com

GTAM Camping

Slowandsteady

Hey guys,

I'm more or less new here on GTAM. Been to a few meets, met a few GTAM celebrities haha.

I love camping - and I love motorcycling. I'd like to get up north and enjoy some north roads. - I'm sure there are ppl on GTAM that enjoy one or the other of these and would participate in a one night outting.

I was thinking to go up north - Huntsville (Arrowhead provincial park) or anywhere else - open for discussion and inviting all GTAMers to help plan and join in a one night camping trip - in order to get to some more north roads. (hwy 35, 118 - or anyothers - looking for suggestions and input) - I imagine this would play out as a drive up north with gear - hit some roads on the way up, unpack and get settled, make some hotdogs, hangout and make a fire, sleep, get up ride some more, i don't know really but yea:D

Heres another thread i stumbled upon looking for threads on this topic - might interest some of you - http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?163201-what-s-your-tent

Anyways so post if your interested, if you've got any tips, if you've got any insight on this, if you've done it before and things to watch out for, any food tips! Even if you're planning a private trip of your own - post it up and let us know what your doing.

Cheers!

-Sam

@slowandsteady hey Sam check out some of @shanekingsley s posts. There was a thread he started iirc that was all motocamping tips. He is a wealth of information.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

While a trip like this is fun, you can get to and ride all those roads and be home same night. For one night up north I'd rather motel, less gear to carry. Moto camping becomes more necessary on a long trip for me simply for budget reasons.lol

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

^ a lot of motels don't like campfires and sing-a-longs deep into the night. They don't mind group hugs in room or parking lot tho.

^ a lot of motels don't like campfires and sing-a-longs deep into the night. They don't mind group hugs in room or parking lot tho.
Kumbaya ?

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

My Lord:rolleyes: Someone's laughing.

7184c5bf11432101a620898a76d73377.jpg

Got my first trip planned out this weekend. Packing my bags tmr night, leaving after work Friday, hopefully I make it to pog while there's a touch of sun left :D

Doesn't anyone else do weekend trips like this ??

Not when Pennsylvania is 4 hours away and the 400/401 is a parking lot at both ends of the weekend. We're off on 3 week trip to east coast by way of Huntsville, North Bay then Rouyn-Noranda and I am NOT looking forward to Saturday morning :(

You wanna be critter aware that time riding.

^ thats a sweet deal #nohomo

While I love camping my bike is prone to breaking down if ridden any real amount of time and I've used up my CAA tows for the year.

Will be at the Pinery this weekend for the races at Grand Bend, but unfortunately via truck.

7184c5bf11432101a620898a76d73377.jpg

Got my first trip planned out this weekend. Packing my bags tmr night, leaving after work Friday, hopefully I make it to pog while there's a touch of sun left :D

Doesn't anyone else do weekend trips like this ??

I'm off weekends and would be down for a ride like that...just can't make it for tomorrow evening. Would also have to figure out a way of carrying a tent or buy a hammock.

Personally, if i'm going to lug all my camping gear, I want to go reasonably far. Algonquin and area can be done in a day without the need to stay over.

Last weekend I took a ride to Stowe, VT and camped. Pic of the bike after I packed up.

mg6NLhxh.jpg

I am interested. I can split a tent and some goodies with someone if they can carry the stuff on their bike.
As of now, it's just me..im OP. I can carry all my own items and hoping anyone comming can carry their own as welll. I can help out but im on a daytona 675 so i have little realestate as it is :D one man tent/ sleeping bag/sleeping pad/ clothes and odd items. .a 10cancooler with some chicken - hot dogs - buns - grapes lol.
I'm off weekends and would be down for a ride like that...just can't make it for tomorrow evening. Would also have to figure out a way of carrying a tent or buy a hammock.
And I'd be open to go on a Saturday also but it needs to be planned out no one really seemed interested on my original post

I'd be equally down to have ppl join in than me going alone - that's why I posted up. - could go for a one night or a two night trip - either or.

Personally, if i'm going to lug all my camping gear, I want to go reasonably far. Algonquin and area can be done in a day without the need to stay over.

Last weekend I took a ride to Stowe, VT and camped. Pic of the bike after I packed up.

mg6NLhxh.jpg
That's a sweet set up! Mind sharing what route you took up? Maybe I make a change of plans :D

That's a sweet set up! Mind sharing what route you took up? Maybe I make a change of plans :D

I didn't do anything special riding wise, though there is plenty of nice riding in Vermont and upstate New York, this was more of a get away and relax trip. Going there was straight up the 401 to Montreal, then south into Vermont. Coming back, I took a bit of a longer route through the Adirondacks.

Stayed at Brewster River campground which was great, if slightly expensive at $20/night.

Another very good option for both camping and riding is PA, around St Mary's/State College

As of now, it's just me..im OP. I can carry all my own items and hoping anyone comming can carry their own as welll. I can help out but im on a daytona 675 so i have little realestate as it is :D one man tent/ sleeping bag/sleeping pad/ clothes and odd items. .a 10cancooler with some chicken - hot dogs - buns - grapes lol.

how do you fit a tent on a Daytona??

Back
Top Bottom