GTAM Camping | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

GTAM Camping

This is what I packed : Tent.smaller and lighter the better for packing
Sleeping bag.also light not a heavy duty winter sleeping bag. I got one from sail for 50$ that cane with a compression pack
Food. This time I took hotdogs.buns.ketchup.musturd
Relish.and some chicken breast with seasoning. That's it.
I have a mini grill - firebox 2 ( google it its sick) with a trangia burner...but u don't need this. You can cook on their stoves at any park.
Mini chair from lebaron - for like 30$ comes in the size of my forearm when packed.
I have a standard self inflating sleeping pad rolled up from Canadian tire. (3 inches thick, baby)
Clothes. 4 underwear, 4 socks (you can never have too many socks) lol flashlight and that's it really. Some paper towel/knive/wet naps/bugspray/towel for shower and swimming. THAT'S IT.

My phone as my gps....AND a determined/ willing spirit.

Edit: I used 8 bungie cords. I put everything in that dry sack I got cheap also from lebaron but any big duffle bag would work - I found packing one big bag works best than having everything loose. And a 30 kriga bag that fill be putting food that are packed in a few cylinder Coleman water bottles. Hold ice preety good. Small and cheap.

Last edited:
I pulled it off after a couple try with a test run.
It's all good :D
ddfa19b74959fde735a0ca4979dfa1d4.jpg
I'd recommend putting a foam matt/net under the bungy cords. With the vibration, it etches the paint

Any one tried to camp on crown land? if yes any site recommendation? ontario.ca/page/camping-crown-land

I have done crown land camping with my car. Reluctant to do it with my bike just yet ...I know some amazing spots in tamagami around the bolland

079309a920117566883a07fa295a74ab.jpg

Got my little fire going just now.

And dropped my bike - more on this later.

Are you camping with a computer? I'm fully apprised of your underwear/sock count but are you camping with a computer?

Got my little fire going just now.

And dropped my bike - more on this later.

Very nice, hopefully the bike is ok. Where did you end up going?

Hey guys here's an update of last week.

To start. I packed my pages and put them all on my bike. Got on the bike. And the bike tipped over. Broke a fairing, turn signal, bent new omnibar clipons, bent Break lever. Still determined I checked on everything and left using the standard hwy 400-11-60 all the way up to pog lake. Settled for the evening
3f4fc5713f5e6835881a62c2f2632b67.jpg
93ae56cd2c14d6eded9fbf8e10b3d8b7.jpg

Saturday went for a 300km around the area, some back roads and whatnot. Came back made some food. When swimming. Met some babes. Tanned. Used my self inflating sleeping pad as a water bed and everyone was kinda amazed at that haha. Good times.
1e2c0bd65c75d3039b13f50a56b878db.jpg
f5100e3787518c1c899d11d81ef713b7.jpg

All was good. On the way home bit of traffic. Took the 35 and 118 and some other roads. Wish I didn't drop my bike when leaving home that kinda put me in salty mood. meet some nice people along the way. Got some ice cream.
c6b8eca040f0f292234775ee4c6c87bd.jpg

I'll be doing the same thing this week perhaps and a couple more weeks if anyones interested.

Ps for the two night trip. 4 underwear and 4 socks +the ones I had on were perfect. 5 would have been just kushy :).

Last edited:
I didn't even know you did this. Sounds cool. I didn't notice any damage to bike last night.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Good tip-bring oldest undies/socks on trip and discard as you use em. I used to do this with old t-shirts too. Good way to finally throw that **** out!

Back
Top Bottom