Replacing Tires | GTAMotorcycle.com

Replacing Tires

Burnout

hey everyone,

I ride a Vulcan 500 and need to get my tires replaced. I've never gotten new tires before, and don't actually know what I should be looking for in terms of type and brands etc. I mostly ride in the city, but I'm aiming to go for longer rides soon. Any suggestions or recommendations?

first read reviews - get an idea on what people are currently using and why. Then look at the pros/cons of each model / make of tires.

I think your Vulcan 500 has the same tire size as the Suzuki S40 - Front 100/90-19, Rear 140/80-15.

For my wife's S40, I replaced the original tires with Dunlop D404s in that size last year.

For the few times I rode this bike, the tires performed well. Haven't done much riding in the rain, but the Dunlop D401s on my Harley have a similar tread profile and tread pattern and work well in the rain.

Glen at Flying Squirrel Moto (Carlaw/Dundas) can order and install the tires for you.

I have a Vulcan 500 and i just put a set of dunlops on it in May they have been great for city riding...my bike is in the shop right now so if you can wait till Tuesday I can give you an exact model. They were relatively inexpensive as well.. $120 for the front/ $160 for the rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Vulcan 500 and i just put a set of dunlops on it in May they have been great for city riding...my bike is in the shop right now so if you can wait till Tuesday I can give you an exact model. They were relatively inexpensive as well.. $120 for the front/ $160 for the rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be great please!

Have a look at Michelin. Commander 2. I just replaced OEM dunlop 404's withe the Michelin s. What a huge difference in turns,ride and overall comfort. Fantastic upgrade. Don't let price be the final deciding factor, get a tire that will meet your needs .

Its not easy... look on revzilla, try to look with you bike type, then narrow it down to tire type you want.

Finally look at pete's superbike to look at canadian prices for it, and call up ace moto tech (if youre in the west end), speedworx in the east...see what they can do for you (maybe match what it would cost for tire + shipping from there)

there must be places downtown but i dont know them.

thats what i did and it worked out great with my metzelers

Back
Top Bottom