Can I move the grips on an 08 ninja 250r? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Can I move the grips on an 08 ninja 250r?

RockThis52

I bought a cell phone mount that mounts onto the handle bars. Only problem is the handlebars don't have much room. If I remove the bar ends, can I move the grip and the then signal cluster further out to give enough room for the mount?

33211c1494954c4f7a48132125534e2b.jpg

I need about an 1/8" to fit the mount.

What kind of mount?
Check some older threads, iirc a lot of people mount into the steering nut thingamajig. (Technical name)

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

The cluster with the signal/horn/etc. is probably clamped to the bar with a locating pin, so there's a hole in the bar to keep it from rotating and moving. You could always drill another hole 1/8" over and then slide everything over. Results are your own.

What kind of mount?
Check some older threads, iirc a lot of people mount into the steering nut thingamajig. (Technical name)

It's one of the ones that mount to the handlebar not the steering column nut thigamajig. It was 10bucks on Amazon with good reviews so I pulled the trigger. Lol

194fdd77547e4f10a2c0d9b011b2b351.jpg

Long answer?
Long answer would be aftermarket bars, which opens a whole new can of worms for just a cheap cell phone mount.

Just modify the mount or get a different one.

Just buy a different mount...best and cheapest option.

RAM sells a few types (and can be ordered from GPScity or RadioWorld) -- Some go in the fork stem hole, others replace a bolt, and others bolt to the brake reseviour mount. The one you have is more or less designed for a naked or cruiser with straight bars...not clip-ons.

You can move the clutch perch. Its better to just file / grind down the mount a bit than move the controls around.

Your clamp looks flimsy, you should try to get a ram mount with a metal U-Bolt. or this.....ram mount has a clever ball mount that goes into the existing / old mirror mount

http://www.theyeagergroup.com/ninja_250_RAM_Mount.htm

ram_mount_10.jpg

So...@conumdrum and @frekeyguy articulated it better than I did. I don’t know how much you like your phone, but I wouldn't trust that mount. I have a similar one that I use for an old phone, and then is ghetto taped and rubber banded. Just went to Radioworld yesterday and ordered mounts for the camera. All in less than $50. More expensive than what you bought? Yes. More secure? Hell ya. Go RAM mount with the xgrip. You might pay a little more at Radioworld, but they gave some great advice and showed options.

So...@conumdrum and @frekeyguy articulated it better than I did. I don’t know how much you like your phone, but I wouldn't trust that mount. I have a similar one that I use for an old phone, and then is ghetto taped and rubber banded. Just went to Radioworld yesterday and ordered mounts for the camera. All in less than $50. More expensive than what you bought? Yes. More secure? Hell ya. Go RAM mount with the xgrip. You might pay a little more at Radioworld, but they gave some great advice and showed options.

I think i've seen that mount on a few bikes, actually pretty impressed by it.

Back
Top Bottom