Corbin seat wear? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Corbin seat wear?

Buddhacide

Site Supporter
Hi all. I have a 1 year old corbin seat for my m109r that is starting to wear at the seams. It looks like the sort of wear you would see on a cheap faux-leather couch. Its clearly the sort of thing that's going to get worse. I had the same model seat for my Vulcan and it was super durable - very high quality and tough leather. This seems very shoddy for me. The seat is barely used. It's still under warranty but I'm not so sure I want to go through the bother of a replacement if it's going to be the same quality. Is this at all normal? Has anyone else experienced something similar. I expect more from this brand. http://s33.postimg.org/ucg57telb/20160602_194052.jpg

Looks like normal surface wear on leather to me.

It does? It seems cheap to me. I've never seen anything like that even on my stock seats.

Ok, well thanks for the reassurance.

It looks like ****** die. I been wondering about leather die for a while. For example it seems some leather shoes have the color painted in them and others have the color deeply died in the leather.

You need to care for the leather. clean and moisturize it. or it will dry out and look like that

None of my other seats have done this. That much I know.

Stock seats are usually vinyl. Not leather. It's the dye coming off. I'd get it replaced as well if it's warrantied but nothing too unusual.

I have some shoe care stuff I might use then. My last corbin was leather and super durable. This wear looks like the $10 backrest that I was expecting to wear in this nanner. U less they want to send me another I doubt I'll return it, as it will take ages and they'll probably want shipping. Can you guys commen specifically on Corbin's doing this?

I would send it back for warranty. Mine is also about a year old and it still looks like new. Contact them, give them the invoice number or order # and see what they say, they are normally quick to respond. You can always wait until the end of the riding season to send it and yes you will most likely be responsible for shipping charges, it says on their website.

Hi all. I have a 1 year old corbin seat for my m109r that is starting to wear at the seams. It looks like the sort of wear you would see on a cheap faux-leather couch. Its clearly the sort of thing that's going to get worse. I had the same model seat for my Vulcan and it was super durable - very high quality and tough leather. This seems very shoddy for me. The seat is barely used. It's still under warranty but I'm not so sure I want to go through the bother of a replacement if it's going to be the same quality. Is this at all normal? Has anyone else experienced something similar. I expect more from this brand. http://s33.postimg.org/ucg57telb/20160602_194052.jpg

Last edited:
I have some shoe care stuff I might use then. My last corbin was leather and super durable. This wear looks like the $10 backrest that I was expecting to wear in this nanner. U less they want to send me another I doubt I'll return it, as it will take ages and they'll probably want shipping. Can you guys commen specifically on Corbin's doing this?
Why not just ask them about it?

My Corbin shows no signs of wear like your photos illustrate. I have cleaned and conditioned it a few times each season. My Corbin looks like tougher leather (Leather/carbon look)

Your seat looks like a finer leather and that is most likely the reason for the wear.

Unleet, I did contact them. they called me and said they weren't able to receive the photo. I'm a bit discouraged because even if it's under warranty I'll likely be on the hook for the shipping and several weeks of riding time. That said, I will follow up likely next week. maybe if it is a matter of of conditioning the leather it's less of a problem, bit it really looks flimsy compared to every other seat I've had

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom