Water proof 3 season gauntlet | GTAMotorcycle.com

Water proof 3 season gauntlet

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Rider on another forum recommended these and good value with good tech. $79 US

Got my Axiom gloves today. Well priced and pretty sophisticated armor that is not obvious.

d3o-explained.jpg

They are really warm tho, waterproof and a built in visor wiper....well thought out product and only $79

515905tpgaxiomglv.jpg

Waterproof-breathable Hipora® lining
Aramid-covered, D30® padding on knuckles, fingers and palm heel
100g Thermolite® insulation for warmth
Left thumb visor squeegee
Perfect for cool weather riding
Five-year limited warranty

Lot of nice features...no insulation on the palms so heated grips will do a good job. Bit stiff early on but suspect that will soften up.

That Aramid cover D30 armor is really interesting.

Very comfortable tonight as the temp dipped to 14 and the gloves were welcome. Glad I decided to wear my Scott 4 season jacket not the mesh...

Gauntlets covered the jacket sleeves well so feel good about rain on the upcoming trip. Considering trying the liner on my AirGlides but think it's too bulky.

They look like interesting gloves. D3O armor is decent stuff and Rukka and others use it all the time. How comprehensive is the protection on the palm? That is the one thing that sold me on the Velocity VR Pro; the stingray sliders. All the armor in the world is no good if the glove comes apart.

I have a pair of the Fired Up snowmobile type gloves which I use at work but I would never use on my bike.

There is a goodsized chunk of the armor on the palm.

515905tpgaxiomglvpalm.jpg

Forgot the link...these are the full winter gloves which have heavier insulation but same armor.

[video=youtube;rBNidfQJ5Ho]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBNidfQJ5Ho[/video]

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/firstgear-tpg-axiom-gloves

Found other gloves too bulky or not enough weather protection - the use of the flexible but very tough D30 armor hits the correct balance for me and the price is right.
5 year warranty - that says the company stands behind the product.

No touch screen tip but fixed that with the drops.

Last edited:
You have to come back and report after using them in a good rain, ideally for an hour or more...

Do they breathe well?

Does the lining stick to your fingers and pull out when you're taking them off?

Ah, there is some protection on the palm. That is a crazy deal! I agree with FLSTC; give us a post rain report on them. For $80 those are a really good deal. My first gauntlets cost that and although they had excellent protection on the back of my hand they did not have enough protection on the palm. These seem like an excellent combination of features and price. Aramid and Cordura are both fabrics used in textile armor for excellent abrasion resistance. Not sure if those palms would hold up to multiple offs like stingray but I am not track riding. I just want protection for an off if it happens. If I have to replace gear after so be it. I just want something between me and the tarmac! Does this mean I have to meet up with you again? Any excuse to ride. ;)

Apparently the armored Aramid surface simply does not abrade at all....D30 for impact then cover with this crazy tough Aramid.

The D30 looks so thin and it flexes beautifully then goes rock hard on impact.
[video=youtube;c_RER6_LwWs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_RER6_LwWs[/video]

No rain yet..the liner is not loose so won't pull out when you hands are wet. They are very warm and with no insulation on the plam work well with heated grips and they are more flexible as a result.

5 year warranty impressed me as did the tech on the armor.

Come over to the Forks - I'm here now. You buying my Biffer.?? :D

Last edited:
Apparently the armored Aramid surface simply does not abrade at all....D30 for impact then cover with this crazy tough Aramid.

The D30 looks so thin and it flexes beautifully then goes rock hard on impact.
[video=youtube;c_RER6_LwWs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_RER6_LwWs[/video]

No rain yet..the liner is not loose so won't pull out when you hands are wet. They are very warm and with no insulation on the plam work well with heated grips and they are more flexible as a result.

5 year warranty impressed me as did the tech on the armor.

Come over to the Forks - I'm here now. You buying my Biffer.?? :D
That d30 armor is crazy. The video is pretty cool. All of my gloves with armor and such have much less flex to them and aren't as comfortable. I'll be watching for an after rain review as well.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Stay tuned Sunday...I'll do a Forks run - I want to figure out which rain pants I'm taking...rest of the gear is settled.

Gauntlets covered the jacket sleeves well so feel good about rain on the upcoming trip.

If you're riding elbows above wrists, gauntlets over sleeves will do absolutely no good. The water will simply run down the sleeve and into the glove. It doesn't matter how magically waterproof the gloves are, your hands will get wet.

It may look dorky, but in wet weather, gaunlet inside sleeve is the way to go. Same goes for pants over boots.

via Tapatalk

My forearms are level - I do find that problem with the neck seals tho ....hard to keep it out without being very careful in sealing up.

Pant's over boots always and again getting th seal correct is important.

Last edited:
That D30 stuff stiffens up as the temperature drops, at least from the reviews I've read. Might not be a good combination for gloves considering you want them to be flexible for control. Maybe it's thin enough in this application that body heat/grip warmers prevent that?

Well I tried to get wet today to no avail ...rode up to th Forks - watched the radar. It rained a bit so headed out for gas...it cleared...- there were dark patches all around but none on me. Got 420 km on a tank on the Wee with some still available under 19 litre fillup on a 21 litre tank.. That's much better than barely squeaking 300 on the CBF.

But glove test will have to wait

•••

I happen to leave my cheapie mesh gloves on the bike when it rained.

They were pretty sodden. Popped them in the dryer on low and they came out very well. Not bad for $30 gloves that are touch screen sensitive and fit well.

Last edited:
I do not have those gloves, but have another pair of firstgear gauntlet rain gloves and they are the best rain gloves I have ever worn. Kept my hands dry on a 2 week trip to Nova Scotia a few years back with heavy rain ever single day. More recently, rode back from Mt Washington area in New Hampshire to the western side of the Adirondacks on Sunday, pretty much all in the rain and again the gloves held up. Never had any rain glove that comes close to my firstgear rain gloves.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom