Mon 29th May, 1pm, Bay St South of Dundas | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mon 29th May, 1pm, Bay St South of Dundas

GWS.

I'd talk to the lawyer too and sue the crap out of that driver. What an ***.

Wow GWS. Hope the repairs/insurance isn't a headache on top of what you already went through (and are still going through). Always liked the late model Viffers...

Wow - that sucks big time and really sorry to hear that. Breaking a femur is no joke - I would think much longer than 3 months of recovery time, but hope it heals just as they predict. Did the police say anything about pulling cell records? Your poor bike too - that's a nice ride and I guess it's a write off? I hope insurance treats you well. Will you have to take the 3 months off work, or what will happen there.

Hope all goes well with rehab and the whole process - I've been there before a long time ago and paying attention to rehab is key.

When the time comes, and if you need it, I know an excellent personal injury law firm that is a stone's throw from, old city hall - PM me and I would be happy to give you the info. I used them to handle the closing of my case with both my own insurance company and also the other insurance company and the outcome was very favourable.

Bike is for sure a write off, though my insurance company hasn't confirmed this yet. But based on my knowledge of the prices of the major parts that were damaged, it would cost far more to repair than it's worth.

Still no idea when I'll be back to work. My physio therapist is telling me it will probably be more like a year before I'm fully recovered. Will likely need a 2nd surgery to remove the pins from my knee. It's been 4 weeks now and I cant walk yet or put weight on it without my knee bucking and sharp pain. I just this week bent my knee to 90 degrees for the first time. Still having lots of pain which keeps me awake most nights. This is the worst!

have a lawyer already, but thank you!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of your injury.

FWIW, I broke a femur high up near the ball joint a number of years ago, on Feb. 15 and I threw away my crutches on that May 24 weekend. My repair was by insertion of a "Russell Nail" at East General. Lots of rehab to be done, I remember the first time my knee bent enough to go all around on the exercise bike at rehab. My locating screws were removed a few years later as they were just under the skin near my knee.
You have a month in it now and it will get better a bit quicker from now on. Keep at the rehab, it is important to your recovery. All the best!

welcome to the femoral rod/russell nail club!

hottubs/baths really help to improve the flexibility in your knee joint. don't overdo it. it took me 11 years (with two other knee surgeries in there) to be able to comfortably squat again.

Just remembered that I had locating screws both at the side of the knee and way up high on my hip. Five all together IIRC. They were in for a few years as I did not want to take time go in and have them removed, (self employed) but eventually the screw heads just under the skin became really uncomfortable when lying on that side. The removal procedure was a piece of cake, they just used a memory block, unscrewed them, put a bandage on, or a couple stitches, it's been awhile (21 years) and spouse drove me home. Still have them somewhere, real aggressive threads and heads on them, I can see why they were tough to lie on.

I often joke that I will need a tall skinny vase for my ashes.

welcome to the femoral rod/russell nail club!

hottubs/baths really help to improve the flexibility in your knee joint. don't overdo it. it took me 11 years (with two other knee surgeries in there) to be able to comfortably squat again.

11 years?!!

Yesterday was 6 weeks. Still can't walk on it, though i can get around on my crutches. My knee hurts and buckles when I put weight on it. Very sore and achy at night. I haven't slept more than 90 minutes straight since getting out of the hospital. During the day it's manageable, thought i can't sty in any one position for too long or it gets stuff and starts hurting.

the one good thing to come out of all this is that I got a handicapped parking permit. lol

Back
Top Bottom