Mon 29th May, 1pm, Bay St South of Dundas | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mon 29th May, 1pm, Bay St South of Dundas

FLSTC

A coworker took this photo from the Bell Trinity Square office building. Grey supersport southbound on Bay street collided with a Honda Civic coming out onto Bay from that little alleyway on the North side of City Hall. They didn't witness the crash, just the aftermath. Looks like the bike hit the front left side of the Honda and the rider was thrown off. Lifted to a stretcher and taken away by EMS.

GWS

3baec21383849c687bddb4756af42c42_zpstoysddfy.jpg

That was me. Accident happened at 11:55am. I was headed south in bay st en route to meet some friend for lunch on queens quay. First street south of Dundas a silver Honda Civic was just sitting there. No cars ahead of me and no cars oncoming on the other side of the street. He was just sitting there. I'm going to assume he was on his phone or something. As I passed the street he was stopped at, he excels out to take a left turn and hit me. I ended up in front of the still moving car with his license plate in my face. Finally came to rest in the oncoming lane of bay north bound.

Many people came to my aid while I was down, including some trained in first aid. The driver of the car never once approached me. I have rash on the left side of my body and major bruising on my right where I took the impact, including my right femur which suffered a full and clean break. I was taken to St mikes by ambulance where I also had surgery on Monday night to insert a titanium rod in my femur. Estimated recovery time is about 3 months. I came home yesterday but am still in major pain. By far the most mentally and physically challenging Thing I have ever been through. Wouldn't wish this type of injury on anyone.

I have some pics from right after

Last edited:
Sorry to hear it, get well soon.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

GWS evang! I assume the driver was charged?

GWS evang! I assume the driver was charged?

he was charged with careless driving.

The police office that filed the report called me the day after and said at least 20 witnesses waited to speak with them and gave statements verifying he was at fault.

fack, gws. I wish the car driver could get punted by a car, that would be a much more memorable lesson than a few hundred dollar fine.

he was charged with careless driving.

The police office that filed the report called me the day after and said at least 20 witnesses waited to speak with them and gave statements verifying he was at fault.

GWS Rider.

GWS It sounds like the injuries are not life or lifestyle threatening but you aren't out of the woods yet and summer will probably suck. My worry, due to a personal experience with a leg injury, is an embolism. Discuss with your MD.

GWS It sounds like the injuries are not life or lifestyle threatening but you aren't out of the woods yet and summer will probably suck. My worry, due to a personal experience with a leg injury, is an embolism. Discuss with your MD.

was already given blood thinners in the hospital as a precaution.

Wow - that sucks big time and really sorry to hear that. Breaking a femur is no joke - I would think much longer than 3 months of recovery time, but hope it heals just as they predict. Did the police say anything about pulling cell records? Your poor bike too - that's a nice ride and I guess it's a write off? I hope insurance treats you well. Will you have to take the 3 months off work, or what will happen there.

Hope all goes well with rehab and the whole process - I've been there before a long time ago and paying attention to rehab is key.

When the time comes, and if you need it, I know an excellent personal injury law firm that is a stone's throw from, old city hall - PM me and I would be happy to give you the info. I used them to handle the closing of my case with both my own insurance company and also the other insurance company and the outcome was very favourable.

Back
Top Bottom