This and That | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

This and That

You'd be surprised. Just grab yourself a small tin of turd polish and a square of scotchbrite. Please, no polish jokes.
After reading through the other threads, I believe I finally get the joke.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

For my kid. We don't have much in common. Thought maybe I could get him interested if I could do this cheap.

Chinese pit bikes don't bring people together. Having a broken turd just makes anger. Let them go to the crusher, that's where they belong.

speaking of Chinese turds and polish , anybody besides MacDoc trying out a CSC import? I'm on the fence but its more like a great wall

leave it in the trash, they are tossing it out because they KNOW it's trash.

hunt around you will find a decent brand for cheap.

leave it in the trash, they are tossing it out because they KNOW it's trash.

hunt around you will find a decent brand for cheap.
Yeah, that's what I'll be doing. Thanks

Need some advice/ opinions.
Have this electric trike that my BIL won at a stag. Gave it to my kid.
8f17a426ca2d3c9103e223a945bb4f1c.jpg

Now the thing can do about 20km/h which isn't really how fast I want my 4 year old going.
I tried making a governor (sp?) To limit the speed by putting a u bolt that hits the brake lever.
0315eb8f6d2b5eaa37b49fc5fc858b3b.jpg

But if it's too loose, it slips. Too tight and the throttle locks and doesn't revert back to neutral when released.
Suggestions on what to try?

Remove the damn thing, you're in violation of CSA toy standards. Just have him sign a waiver if that's your concern and let him loose.

Tell him that you have a Gps hidden and can see everything he does. Just like Mum had eyes in the back of her head.

Put a thick elastic band under the clamp. The rubber should help eliminate the slippage.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Or some sort of latex sheath.

You're gonna limit your kid's ride? You scared to lose in a race on your bike? :D

You're gonna limit your kid's ride? You scared to lose in a race on your bike? :D
Oh, I'm not scared. I know for a fact that I will lose. He took a low speed tumble on the weekend. Relatively unscathed (thanks to knee and elbow guards and a helmet) but wouldn't want in to be at any higher speed just yet. If I can limit it to about 5mph like his Power Wheels Escalade, then we should be good.

So just a few things:
Yesterday was the first time tiding with ear plugs. Should have done it sooner. Went to Costco, they said $78 taxes in for custom molded ones. That will be done soon.

Went to mount my kids' imitation GoPro to the bike. Hardware doesn't fit my 1" bars. Don't really want to spend the $ on a RAM mount. Any other suggestions?

Met my wife for lunch yesterday. She said never to show up again with my Icon Anthem overpants cause I looked like an idiot. I love them (thanks again @MacDoc ) so it looks like I will also need some new riding pants. I'm okay with used, probably would like to get some kevlar jeans, and I'm cheap.

Was going across King Rd today, they have a big @$$ roundabout entering Bolton. Didn't read the sign properly and took the 2nd exit instead of the first. Good thing there wasn't anyone around, as I had some trouble holding my line. Now this is something that I have been discussing with some members, and have been practicing this. Smooth on the throttle, lean, counter steer, look where you want to go. And I was doing well until I started dragging my peg. That freaked me a bit and that's when I lost my line. I am saving up for a course (racer 5, total control, not sure what yet), but in the meantime any advice on this issue would be appreciated.

I have a handle bar mount that I do not use. Which camera is it? If you want to try mine on you can have it if it fits

I have a handle bar mount that I do not use. Which camera is it? If you want to try mine on you can have it if it fits
Just a cheap Vivitar.
Where are you located?

I'm by Yonge and Dundas mine is the handlebar mount off an sj4000. I'm not sure if it will fit but you're welcome to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm by Yonge and Dundas mine is the handlebar mount off an sj4000. I'm not sure if it will fit but you're welcome to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you have a pic of the mount? I tried googling it and it showed a few different ones. If it is like a u bolt, with a screw mount for the camera, it should work. ☺

https://goo.gl/images/4ZkzrP

Not at home to take a picture of mine but I believe this is the exact one
Thanks, but it looks like my case only has the fitting for the screw in type mount....
Thanks for the offer though ☺

Thanks, but it looks like my case only has the fitting for the screw in type mount....
Thanks for the offer though ☺

No problem. If you find the vivitar is not cutting it.. Check out the sj4000 on Amazon. I got it with all the attachments (helmet, handlebar etc) + 2 replacement batteries and a 32GB micro sd and same day shipping for 150 after tax. It's a decent camera too after you put a sponge in behind it inside the casing to block out wind noise

Anyone near Weston & Steeles and wanna join me for a coffee at the Tims? My treat? Brought the wife's Escape in for a detail, will be here at least until 1.

Back
Top Bottom