This and That | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

This and That

Three things
#1 , who the heck has a Ridley? I like em, just dont see em ever
#2 , you can slide 3'10" on jeans before your grinding burger meat, your dopey icon pants arent much better, ballistic nylon is about 3'11"
#3 , tell your wife she's lucky you showed up wearing any pants.

There used to be a Ridley dealer in Barrie at the old Harley Davidson location on Bradford st. This lady bought it there and was on a group ride with about 30 people. After her crash and then some dick on a 1000rr hit my wife on her 250 while he did a wheelie past her in her own lane we left. Haven't been on another ride with them since. There were a lot of good riders/people there, but the wife was so ****** she don't care.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

@GreyGhost I will get someone to video me, thanks, that's a good tip. And it was just the peg. But it still kinda freaked me as I don’t usually do that.
@Iceman actually one of my floorboard mounts broke last year (PO had to custom make them iirc because they don't fit right in the 750 Shadows when you have the Cobra pipes) so I removed them and put pegs on. I got some new mounts custom made that will use the current pegs' springs, but I have to get them drilled out to mount the boards to them. But I may just keep the pegs.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

@crankcall re: #2 really? I thought I was being safer. And they are comfy with shorts underneath. Checked out @FLSTC side zip leather pants the other day. Those were nice. May become my new favourite over someone else's Klim pants. ?
And re #3: I shyte you not -- I actually look down to make sure I have pants on before I leave the house.

Decided that I will go with the RAM mount from Radioworld. Less than $50. Parts are backordered though.

Dragging pegs is always scary the first time it happens. As long it doesn't suddenly hook a crack in the ground, just ride it out.

Startled myself the first time I dragged a peg during low speed (30-50km/h - Not really sure as didn't look at it while doing figure 8 and a halves), but continued practicing (as well as dragging left and right pegs) for the next 2-3 hours to the point where the drag was negligible (assuming your pegs fold).

Last edited:
Joe Bass;2417462...And re #3: I shyte you not -- I actually look down to make sure I have pants on before I leave the house. ...[/QUOTE said:
With the feet-forward arrangement of your bike, wearing baggy shorts will lead to a pleasant ventilation when riding. Especially good if you have any elephantitis going on down there, or wish to increase your fertility to kick start a new bambino.

Regarding the pants, just carry your helmet with you when you wear the pants so they don't look out of place.

With the feet-forward arrangement of your bike, wearing baggy shorts will lead to a pleasant ventilation when riding. Especially good if you have any elephantitis going on down there, or wish to increase your fertility to kick start a new bambino.

or as a scoop for all the bugs....especially concerning would be the ones with stingers....

Regarding the pants, just carry your helmet with you when you wear the pants so they don't look out of place.
Tried that. She said put that ish in my truck. ?

Decided that I will go with the RAM mount from Radioworld. Less than $50. Parts are backordered though.

Check out Amazon, the price is cheaper and you can get it sooner if you're in a hurry.

And unpleasant contrail for any tailgaters.

Gpscentral.ca or gpscity.ca

Check out Amazon, the price is cheaper and you can get it sooner if you're in a hurry.
No hurry.
I use Amazon.ca for some things, phone cases and such. But I really like the service at Radioworld and have no problem paying a bit more for that. Plus I was able to peruse some helmet communication systems. I think the one at Daytona for $99 might be one that I may be interested in. Same features as the basic Sena and Uclear, but it also has am/fm radio.

More this and that:
Built a deck probably getting to 8 years ago now. Still extremely proud of the way it turned out. Only beetch thing is that I am touching up peeled stain EVERY YEAR. Nobody said it was gonna be easy, Christ, you know how hard it can be.
Sanded down the bad spots:
2d45fade9b210ea656a8ba4f59a8920a.jpg
1ee8b2f0a7c5cf47e6286a8b3cdd0d55.jpg
cded96acbe8637e89c562852e68fa25a.jpg

Then scrubbed it down:
3084f6496bc608f5e40f6ae0917f026d.jpg

Will try to stain one night this week, or early Saturday morning.
But I also need to repaint the garage door thanks to some careless roofers (look at that @FLSTC, took me almost a week! Lol) Some shingles bounced off the door, and they thought that cleaning the marks off with GASOLINE was a good idea. Smh
051dd5d6655c43eb36b653992f9bdbe6.jpg

Dragging pegs/floorboards on a cruiser isn't the end of the world, as long as (as someone else mentioned) they fold as designed. I scrape my floorboards on occasion, no biggie, just getting rid of my chicken strips. Better to actually lean and scrape a peg/board than to not lean and get into trouble (lane excursion, or into the weeds) because of it.

As for the action cam, I owned one of those. Honestly, the video quality sucks. Consider a better quality GoPro knockoff like this one linked below - it's what I have (I bought this exact one a year or so back) and it's great - almost as good as a genuine GoPro actually, and uses all the GoPro standard mounting hardware so you can attach it to anything under the sun using one of the many mounts that are included with it, or they're a dime a dozen on eBay.

https://www.amazon.ca/Action-Camera...e_p_img_6?ie=UTF8&refRID=FPRJH4SQQSK0SAMXNKEM

More this and that:
Built a deck probably getting to 8 years ago now. Still extremely proud of the way it turned out. Only beetch thing is that I am touching up peeled stain EVERY YEAR. Nobody said it was gonna be easy, Christ, you know how hard it can be.
Sanded down the bad spots:
2d45fade9b210ea656a8ba4f59a8920a.jpg
1ee8b2f0a7c5cf47e6286a8b3cdd0d55.jpg
cded96acbe8637e89c562852e68fa25a.jpg

Then scrubbed it down:
3084f6496bc608f5e40f6ae0917f026d.jpg

Will try to stain one night this week, or early Saturday morning.
But I also need to repaint the garage door thanks to some careless roofers (look at that @FLSTC, took me almost a week! Lol) Some shingles bounced off the door, and they thought that cleaning the marks off with GASOLINE was a good idea. Smh
051dd5d6655c43eb36b653992f9bdbe6.jpg

Do you spray or roll on the stain. I did my fence two years ago and bought a sprayer, money well spent !!

Happy to loan it to you if required. Also damn those roofers. When I had my roof done a few years ago, they made one hell of a mess as well..

@Jampy00 I have a Wagner hvlp (?) sprayer that I bought years ago for the fence. Made quick work of it, as long as you keep cleaning the nozzle. But the deck I brushed the stain in. On my hands and knees for the first few years. Last year I bought the brush that screws into the handle. Saves my back huge.
Funny thing about the roofers, they did 3 other houses and everything was relatively fine. And I cannot complain about the roof, I think it looks great.
Will post some pics tomorrow.

@Jampy00 I have a Wagner hvlp (?) sprayer that I bought years ago for the fence. Made quick work of it, as long as you keep cleaning the nozzle. But the deck I brushed the stain in. On my hands and knees for the first few years. Last year I bought the brush that screws into the handle. Saves my back huge.
Funny thing about the roofers, they did 3 other houses and everything was relatively fine. And I cannot complain about the roof, I think it looks great.
Will post some pics tomorrow.

Cool man, just wanted to offer assistance. I hear you on the roof mine looks great as well. but when they left my yard(s) looked like the aftermath of Woodstock. But this kind of crap always happens to me....

If you need a hand, let me know. Nice ride/drive out to Cambridge.

@Jampy00 much appreciated ?
Funny, my wife said the same thing. I told her we were lucky to get two great kids and she basically hit the husband jackpot when she married me so it all evens out. She didn't laugh. ?

Back
Top Bottom