This and That | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

This and That

Joe, put some A535 on those tight joints to loosen them up lol !!!

Kill the weeds with non-selective weed killer (roundup or wipeout) and only use silica sand for joints tighter than 1/4 inch. Polymeric is only good for joints 1/4 inch and larger.
This is what I was leaning towards. Don't tell Papa Nick

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Joe, put some A535 on those tight joints to loosen them up lol !!!

Kill the weeds with non-selective weed killer (roundup or wipeout) and only use silica sand for joints tighter than 1/4 inch. Polymeric is only good for joints 1/4 inch and larger.

Flamethrower.

This is what I was leaning towards. Don't tell Papa Nick

Upon closer inspection, I have a mix of wider and thinner joints. And the weeds are predominantly in the thicker spaces...I'm leaning back to the polymeric. I have to look at the $ difference.

Re: toilet issue

I assume you replaced the bad flapper with the correct size replacement?

When you replaced the flush valve with a fluidmaster yrs ago, did it fix the problem back then?

First, try dropping the water level a little lower in the tank. If that doesn't help, see below...

Currently, after you flush it, is it noisy when the tank is re-filling? If so, the fluidmaster flush valve is probably on the way out so may as well replace it.

If you swap the seals on both toilets and drop in new fluidmaster valves and new flappers, there is nothing left so that should solve the issue and give you peace of mind that they won't leak between tank and bowl and stop the toilet from running 24/7.

about the only place it can leak into the bowl is the flapper, but a new flapper doesnt always work because the plastic thing it flaps onto can be scored, corroded or just not fit well anymore. It sucks but always change the whole flapper deal including the plastic spud portion and the tank to bowl seal while your in there.

That said if the fluidmaster is more than a year old the seal can get sour on it and the slider thing that stops the flow just doesnt fit tight. So it starts and runs a bit every few minutes and the excess goes down the plastic tube that the little hose thing fits into.

In my limited plumbing experince, because I friggin hate plumbing, its just as easy to take the whole thing apart and replace everything in one shot. Its $50 bucks and your done.

The stuff in our water , and lazy house wives that like that blue crap in the tank age rubber seals well before they should go.
Ok. Went back to toilet #1 with the fluidmaster plunger type thingy. Tried to adjust the screw and nada.
Went and investigated a little more and realized it was a universal type and quite possibly when I first installed it there may have been an error on my part. Supply off. Plunger out. Readjust height. Adjust screw. Reimstall. Water level lower, no water going into overflow valve!
Thanks guys.
Will report back after #2. Toilet, that is.

A while back someone mentioned a system they had for logging on to Ticketmaster for first day sales but for the life of me I can't find the thread.
Def Leppard / Journey tix go on sale and the kid says that he wants to go with me. I can't remember the last time he agreed to do anything with me (he's 14 :-| ) so I wanna try to get some decent seats. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from the purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Dont-stop-believing.jpg

Just an fyi to anyone interested:
Just purchased a CAA + membership for myself & a basic membership for my wife on promo. All in for 1 year is $116.39. And I got a free trunk organizer.

I had a grilled cheese sandwich last night with bosc pears and pulled pork in it. $17.00 for a grilled cheese.
This truly is a remarkable age we live in.

Holy poop I'm in the wrong line of work.

I made 4 grilled cheese sammies yesterday with ham for husband and buddies. Totally could have paid for the girls night out this weekend at those prices!

I think there is a place called Melt in Whitby. Been meaning to go in, can't hurt as how can anyone screw up a GC? Well, I guess by charging you 17 beans....

Was it almost worth it?

worth it? as a sandwich no, but we go every friday for cocktails at the club, then grab a bite with the few that tolerate me. Its a social more than anything.

wife had a GC with 4 kinds of cheese and macaroni in it, and hot sauce. Called the angry mac and cheese grilled cheese. Still $17, who knew.

Somebody has to pay the kids $15/h

after taxes, some would have to work about 2hrs to pay for lunch.

I'm still going out for lunch today, help those base pay servers stay employed.....

Reminds me of that part in Pulp Fiction: "$5 for a milkshake? I need to know what a $5 milkshake tastes like."
I'm intrigued by this grilled cheese.

I'm intrigued by this grilled cheese.

It's a small bar/grill called RadBros. Its an unfortunate name, but its owned by a couple locals in Milton, corner of Derry and RR25. They have an outstanding selection of taps and being Portuguese , Mama Rad cooks in the kitchen.
She makes outstanding soups and gave me the recipe for the Caldoverde, which is off the charts tasty.

huge parking lot and decent patio, and a nice starting point/ending point for a day ride. See you in the spring Joe.

Alright new issue --
Thinking of restoring this bike for my wife. It used to be her dad's and she is attached to it. Plus it's kinda cool.
If I can't get the original light to work though, we may not bother. She really likes that feature and thinks the bike would not be the same without it.
I put a drill on the generator thing to get it spinning but no light. Next I wanna check and see if the bulbs are okay before I start messing with the wiring.
Would the two screws on the bottom of the light be what's holding the cover in place?
Looking for any and all advice and tips.
Thanks in advance.
2ba913ca0de4c2abaa7a52c9384b97f8.jpg
99c7bc690de43fb8e70b9ff93a0c98de.jpg
40a97b3a97c51f61e98bac99ebc899b0.jpg
48234d7a484b4f24a3b2757ceba2a563.jpg

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Can't tell from the pic, but if they are screws, then most probably. Check the wiring, look for corrosion and that the contacts are making contact. Could be the bulb too, so a good once over should do it. Doesn't look like it would need much to get working.

Back
Top Bottom