Cyclewerx Toronto - Complaint on Moto Service and Repair | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cyclewerx Toronto - Complaint on Moto Service and Repair

Jorgepaldez

I have a serious business ethics complaint to issue against Cyclewerx, a motorcycle service and repair shop business based in Toronto, Canada.

In fall 2014, I gave them a fully assembled 1976 Honda vintage motorcycle for them to rebuild and restore it fully. I paid thousands in pre-work deposits in cash and debit/credit to start the project.

The bike was never rebuilt, and it sat unassembled for two years in a few storage bins on site at their garage. Some work was eventually done on the engine and some paint work was done on parts.

During those two years, I called for updates on a weekly basis for two years, and not once did they return my phone call messages. If I was lucky, I was able to speak with them on the phone if they were available and I was able to catch them.

I reverted to in-peron visits when they would not return my phone calls. These in person visits are a 30 min drive from my residence. I would visit them in person weekly for updates for 2 years and was given ongoing promises of starting the project "soon". They continued to push back on finishing either because it was busy season or because they couldn't get to it.

I finally pulled my motorcycle out in May, 2016. They had it for almost two years.

They demanded that I paid full price which was an additional few thousands of dollars to get it out of there for "work completed". They also requested half the money be in a cash settlement. They gave me back my motorcycle in individual pieces and parts, unassembled and work incomplete. After doing an inventory on the individual parts returned, I have realized that only 75% of the hardware of the bike has been returned back to me.

They have lost vintage parts on my motorcycle and now it cannot can't be re assembled or restored because those parts don't exist anymore.

I continue to call them to ask for the remaining parts and they do not call me back.

Please help ensure that they don't repeat this unethical behavior to others who are looking to work with their business.

Post back if you want more details in between these.

Jorge,

As this is your only post and you are slagging a business, posting as much information as possible is a good idea (fake reviewers have popped up before). Kudos to (presumably) using your real name.

Do you have pics before and after? Do you have a copy of the original deal? Who were you dealing with at Cyclewerx? If it went as sideways as you say, why not sue them in small claims court?

Another member on this forum recently used the police to extract his bike from a shop that wasn't living up to expectations, it may be worth looking through that thread to get some ideas on how to proceed. http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...tors-(worst-place-to-go)&highlight=vos+motors

Thousands in pre work deposits and a few thousand more to get it out of the shop in boxes?? On a 1976 Honda. I'd speak with a lawyer, and maybe a financial adviser.
I'd send law suit paperwork, sounds like your over small claims court levels.

not blaming a victim at all but assuming this is all true for a sec. . . . . I'm really just curious... Why not just take it all back if nothing was happening say after.... A month? 6 months? I mean...its just very foreign to me....I don't have patience for incompetence. . . .if you can't return my calls and tell me over and over again "yeah we're getting to it"; well that's not a business that's going to do the job to my level of satisfaction, and it's just not courteous.... It's rude and insulting to treat customers that way. So I'd have grabbed my bike (parts!) and never set foot in there again. Not even for an O ring.

so Sir, what was it that got you to continue leaving it in their incapable hands? Again not hating just curious

Hm. I've had excellent service from Cyclewerx for the last 5 years. Tom has always treated me fairly--in fact, he's steered me away from spending money unnecessarily.

We're only getting one side of the story here.

Hm. I've had excellent service from Cyclewerx for the last 5 years. Tom has always treated me fairly--in fact, he's steered me away from spending money unnecessarily.

We're only getting one side of the story here.

Just what I was going to say - there's more to this tale...

I'm a recent forum member and I was going to use this shop for potential service but this posting has caused me to re-think ...
Where there's smoke, there's fire ?

I'm a recent forum member and I was going to use this shop for potential service but this posting has caused me to re-think ...
Where there's smoke, there's fire ?
One single NEW member comes on and tells a story about bad service. That member never updates or responds to posts. That new member also never posts anywhere on this site again.
Several longer term members come on and post differing experiences. I'd say at the very least the op didn't tell the whole story. You're likely safe going to Cyclewerx.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

One single NEW member comes on and tells a story about bad service. That member never updates or responds to posts. That new member also never posts anywhere on this site again.
Several longer term members come on and post differing experiences. I'd say at the very least the op didn't tell the whole story. You're likely safe going to Cyclewerx.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk
I was thinking about servicing my bike a few months ago and it's the review found on Google that made me re-think ... too much bad reviews (sound legit ones tho) vs good ones. Thought those didn't help in making a good first impression.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom