Looking for a nice & decent beginner sport bike 250cc | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for a nice & decent beginner sport bike 250cc

clyder

Hi everyone,

Looking to buy a beginner bike 250 cc. If anyone has one or knows someone, let me know. Looking in the city of Toronto, would consider outside of Toronto if delivery option is available or place is not too far away from my place. My budget is 2000$. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance ☺

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Did you check out the 3 links I gave in your other thread? All good bikes, all between $1500-1800.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

I've checked one of them so far; going to check the other in a bit

I've checked one of them so far; going to check the other in a bit

As far as 250's go there is just the Honda CBR250R and Kawasaki Ninja 250R in rare cases will you find Suzuki GW250, if your gonna go for a beginner bike I advice you look for one with ABS, not a major requirement but will be helpful, don't even try to go 125cc route as CBR250 being a 250 let's you know that it lacks power on Highway especially when there is a heavy flow of wind, I almost got taken out by a semi on 407 ETR on my way to Thornhill as my 13 CBR250RA had no power to pass the semi as it started to merge into my lane not seeing me or something like that.

Here are few 250's, some are not best looking so keep that in mind:

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Suzuki/Marauder/PLAINFIELD/Ontario/19_9348888_/

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Kawasaki/Ninja+250/PETERBOROUGH/Ontario/19_9321641_/

You can find more bikes on Kijiji for $2000 max budget, but don't expect them to be nice, just saying.

I had a 2008 Ninja 250 which was a great little bike. My only two complaints were I didn't like the riding position (somewhat bent over, but not the aggressive lay-on-the-tank of some of the true sports bikes) and being carbureted. I know some people swear by carbs rather than fuel injection, but I found with a short ride to work (about 7 minutes) it would literally take the bike longer to warm up than my ride some mornings (pretty much whenever the temp was in single digits). I just purchased a Suzuki GW250F and am enjoying it. It's not as quick as the Ninja, but it's all I need. I found with the Ninja I couldn't go more than 45 minutes without a break because my hands and back would cramp up. I had the GW out for two hours without a break the other day and felt great. Plus being fuel injected, you can just turn it on and go. The faired version has the sport-bike look, but a more standard upright riding position.

All of that being said, you probably won't find any of the three for $2,000 aside from a 2007 or earlier Ninja 250 - those all look to be closer to $3,000.

I've decided to up my budget for the bike by 1000 and dound that bike (http://bit.ly/1XR5qvr) a Kawasaki 250 2009, about 4400 km on it.

Currently in communication with his owner; will visit it either tomorrow or during the weekend

Nice! You can't really go wrong with the Ninja 250's. They're a great little bike, and because there's always people looking for smaller bikes you can sell it for pretty much what you paid for it in a few years if/when you want to upgrade. I had a lot of fun on my Ninja, the riding position just wasn't for me for long rides so I didn't get out on it enough.

Thanks. As I have only trained on a cbr125 2 years ago I don't see myself doing long rides anytime soon until I work on my memory muscle and get confident with my riding skills but will see how I feel about that bike, hopefully my level of comfort will be as equal as my level of appreciation for Ninjas :)

Just curious - why did you pick the older, more expensive Ninja over that newer CBR 250?

I'll throw my 2cents at a CBR300. I've put 8887km on mine in just a couple months and no complaints here! Love it, everyday to work and back then some fun after.

Just curious - why did you pick the older, more expensive Ninja over that newer CBR 250?
A have a preference for Ninjas over CBRs and the low mileage was the deciding factor too. I increase my bike budget but the seller is willing to give it to me for 2900$.

Did you end up buying it?
Not that one tho, he gave ma an appointment to come see it on a sunday but sold it to someone else on saturday evening, oh well ... the life bike hunting.

I ended up getting a bike from a dofferent seller: Kawasaki 250 CC 2011 for 7000 something km on it. Loving it so far and improving on my skills at a good pace. :)

Not that one tho, he gave ma an appointment to come see it on a sunday but sold it to someone else on saturday evening, oh well ... the life bike hunting.

I ended up getting a bike from a dofferent seller: Kawasaki 250 CC 2011 for 7000 something km on it. Loving it so far and improving on my skills at a good pace. :)

How much $$?

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom