A-hole neighbour, how to fix this? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

A-hole neighbour, how to fix this?

I'm thinking you'll be gone in less than two years.

That's what happened to me. My neighbour installed high intensity motion detecting security lights under his eves. This set off a nuclear summer every time a deer or caterpillar roamed his yard. My student border complained furiously about the resultant lack of sleep. So I tossed him out. My quality of life improved vastly. MM should enjoy the same results.

I'm thinking you'll be gone in less than two years.

I'll be gone within two years as in moved? Or offed because I'm a pain in the *** to this neighbour?

We were already considering moving before this happened, but any house we like close to work is $300k more than what we world get for this one, and I'm not willing to jump that much further into debt.

I'll be gone within two years as in moved? Or offed because I'm a pain in the *** to this neighbour?

We were already considering moving before this happened, but any house we like close to work is $300k more than what we world get for this one, and I'm not willing to jump that much further into debt.

There's a pretty intense housing thread currently in progress. Informed sources indicate $300K is only half a problem unless you're flipping burgers.

Bit of an *** for doing that without even discussing it with you.... Do you have room for a privacy hedge of cedars?

Bit of an *** for doing that without even discussing it with you.... Do you have room for a privacy hedge of cedars?

Nope, I doubt it.... it is pretty narrow between the houses on that side

Moving. A couple of our neighbours got into it pretty good. Only took about a year for one to sell from when it began. If they're renting out, it seems more likely that you'll move, unless they really need the money.

A/C units mounted like that are quite vulnerable to damage. He probably shouldn't have put it there.
You sly dog, you!

Yeah, MM, do the bbq, I'll bring my kids. They'll bring their baseballs and bats.....

The contractor was a doosh. Iirc those units need 3' for the air to escape, so if it was lower, the air would bounce back off of the fence. But then it shouldn't have been mounted there. Curious to see what the bylaw officers have to say.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

I'm sure there's a law that can protect you against this, like the right to enjoy your property without nuisance from neighbors or others.... environmental law and or property law.

What's the bylaw on fence height.

t looks like a 5' fence there at the moment. Could you just replace those 2 sections with a 8' fence, bugger up his air flow and block all the light from his window :)

What's the bylaw on fence height.

t looks like a 5' fence there at the moment. Could you just replace those 2 sections with a 8' fence, bugger up his air flow and block all the light from his window :)

That's what I will do if bylaw rules this okay and doesn't force him to move it... I don't know about 8', but I think regular fence height would be fine there, just like any place else in the yard, but I'll check to make sure before I do it... as no doubt he will call bylaw on anything I do after this.

Also haven't head back from the city yet... their autoreply said it would be 5 business days... come on guys....

Times when I wish I rode a harley and was a 1%er biker....

He's helped you realize the trapped rat you currently are. Get out of the GTA where you can breathe. Cash out and move!

Flip open the unlocked breaker box and flip the switch to the off position.

He's helped you realize the trapped rat you currently are. Get out of the GTA where you can breathe. Cash out and move!

Yes, despite all this rage I am still just a rat in a cage (B.C).

And as Bob Marley said, the day you stop racing is the day you win the race... but I am not ready to stop racing just yet, and I don't need the added stress of a long commute. I have begun looking into where I could transfer my work that would be better -- and only renewed my mortgage for one year... so maybe next spring something will be planned to escape the GTA and possibly Ontario too.

Last edited:
In the meantime secure a wind turbine to the fence and enjoy some free electricity. Maybe wire it back into the grid and buy yourself something nice. You deserve it.

In the meantime secure a wind turbine to the fence and enjoy some free electricity. Maybe wire it back into the grid and buy yourself something nice. You deserve it.

Good idea. Maybe I'll finally afford that pumper carb for the DRZ. Airbox mod is debatable though.

It is amazing how often air conditioning condensers are stolen in the GTA. Thieves just snip all of the lines and carry away the condenser.

Back
Top Bottom