Bought a zx6r yesterday and now it won't start | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bought a zx6r yesterday and now it won't start

SabeehR

Good morning everyone

Bought a 2010 zx6r yesterday when I went to go look at the bike it was working perfectly but when I started riding home on the highway the cluster stopped working and once I parked it wouldn't start again. I boosted the battery with my car and it started working after that I took the battery off my ninja 250 and installed it in the new bike and it still wouldn't work. Any idea what would be wrong and also does the 250 and zx6r take the same battery ? Any help will be deeply appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm gonna guess battery is non compatible.

Did you check connections from cluster? Do you have a way to test battery? If not go to CT and have battery tested as a first step.

I haven't checked anything thing about the cluster the seller told me it could be because of the battery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sounds like a combination of a bad alternator and a dead battery.
Sounds like somebody got scammed, too.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Sounds like somebody got scammed, too.

Ehhhh. Seller could have pulled it out of storage, charged battery and sold it without necessarily knowing the battery or charging system was bad.

Also, check fuses

Multimeters are pretty cheap these days. I'd strongly suggest acquiring one:

http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/digital-multimeter/A-p8347676e

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mastercraft-digital-multimeter-0520728p.html#srp

Voltage measurements off/ignition-on/running would give more clues.

The Yuasa lookup shows the same model battery for both the Ninja 250 and ZX6R.

If you're boosting your motorcycle from your car, do it while your car is NOT running. If running, your car's alternator can ramp up and overpower (fry) the voltage regulator on your motorcycle.

Ehhhh. Seller could have pulled it out of storage, charged battery and sold it without necessarily knowing the battery or charging system was bad.

Also, check fuses
True. GTAM has made me a little more cynical.

True. GTAM has made me a little more cynical.

I hear ya man.

Back
Top Bottom