Ninja 300 will not run. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ninja 300 will not run.

Drennan57

Hey guys I'm having an issue here. I went to start my N300 today, turned the key clicked the kill switch and the bike primed like normal then as soon as I touched the starter button it lost all electrical power.

I boosted it with my car thinking the battery might be dead and the second I disconnect it the bike dies.

The battery tender is reading 100% charge and the fuses look fine to me. When the ignition is turned on the dash doesn't light up but the bike will make these weird clicking and hissing noises and the lights have a dim flicker even though nothing else seems to have power.

The bike only has 2000km's on it. Do you guys have any idea what could be happening? :(

Last edited:
Battery's cooked. Can only keep a surface charge which is what the tender is showing. As soon as you put a load on it, it fails.

Only 2000 km on it?

Warranty?

If so, call your dealer, explain the problem, ask if they can come get it.

Only 2000 km on it?

Warranty?

This. It could be something as simple as a bad connection at the battery or a bad ground at the frame, but on a new bike I'd be expecting the dealership to be remedying that sort of crap right quick....that sort of thing should not be happening to a brand new bike.

Only 2000 km on it?

Warranty?

Didn't buy it brand new. Picked it up from CycleWorld in Scarborough with like 800 clicks on it last year. I basically just let my girlfriend ride it now as I have a bigger bike for myself.

I know the 2013 did have a ECU recall as well. I took the battery out and I'm going to get it replaced tomorrow. Hopefully that's all it is.

2013 bike. Not brand new.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

I took the battery out and I'm going to get it replaced tomorrow. Hopefully that's all it is.

At least get it tested first. Going with the "throw parts at it" method of automotive repair is a fools game and has cost countless people countless hundreds/thousands of dollars replacing parts that were never at fault to begin with. If it's something as simple as the ground cable connection to the frame you're gonna be ****** when you install the new battery and it does the exact same thing, aren't you?

Did you try tightening the battery cables at the battery before removing it and see if that helped? Another potential loose spot.

In the meantime, Canadian Tire will test batteries for free.

2013 bike so battery possible 4-5yrs old. Have an automotive store load test it if you dont have a load tester, be prepared to buy a new battery.

At least get it tested first. Going with the "throw parts at it" method of automotive repair is a fools game and has cost countless people countless hundreds/thousands of dollars replacing parts that were never at fault to begin with. If it's something as simple as the ground cable connection to the frame you're gonna be ****** when you install the new battery and it does the exact same thing, aren't you?

Did you try tightening the battery cables at the battery before removing it and see if that helped? Another potential loose spot.

In the meantime, Canadian Tire will test batteries for free.

I'm gonna get the batter tested today. The cables were nice and snug so it wasn't a loose terminal issue.

Will know more in a bit.

I hope you get it sorted out and it's very minor.

I was going to give you a hard time, and ask what kind of oil is in it. Sorry for busting your balls in the past.

Actually I'm glad @Drennan57 posted today, was worried after I saw the post about the Keswick crash. (Serious post)

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

I hope you get it sorted out and it's very minor.

I was going to give you a hard time, and ask what kind of oil is in it. Sorry for busting your balls in the past.

group hug !

work-group-hug-clipart-1.jpg

Good news guys!

It was the battery, installed a new one and she fired right up :D

Thank you all.

So, is the group hug still on?

Back
Top Bottom