Injured and cannot ride home | GTAMotorcycle.com

Injured and cannot ride home

looplise

I was playing volleyball in etobicoke and injured my right knee. I cannot walk on it so it's probably best I don't bike. What should I do to get my bike home? I don't know many people who bike or anyone with a pick up truck.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Park it somewhere legally and take the bus until the swelling goes down? Just don't pull out a knife and/or penis.

Call & ask. Probably not cheap

You can probably ride it just fine.

Try.

I can't walk unfortunately. I called and it's $95+tax. Not cheap but not too expensive. Thanks for the quick responses! Appreciate it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I can't walk unfortunately. I called and it's $95+tax. Not cheap but not too expensive. Thanks for the quick responses! Appreciate it.

Jason is one of the good guys - heck, on a Sunday that's a bargain (IMHO)

CAA is by the owner, not the vehicle. If you have a friend/family that has CAA, ask if they would be nice enough to let you use it.

First- check that price, I think it's extra for m/cs as they have to send a flatbed, and I also think there is a waiting period to get set up with CAA.

Call and ask, can't hurt.

You have to have CAA Plus for motorcycles. It costs more, also I believe there is a waiting period before you can even use the service.

Get a friend to ride it home.

Call CAA and ask...they might be able to waive any waiting period if you explain over the phone (and you are signing for a year, so they have your money). MotoLimo is another option, and even some higher-end credit cards have roadside assistance as well (eg. Visa Infinite, World Elite MasterCard, etc).

Also although I wouldn't really condone riding injured, depending on the severity and if it is your right or left knee, potentially maybe ride it home. You really don't need to take any weight on the right. Only do what you feel comfortable doing, plus we are working on limited info here.

Call CAA and ask...they might be able to waive any waiting period if you explain over the phone (and you are signing for a year, so they have your money). MotoLimo is another option, and even some higher-end credit cards have roadside assistance as well (eg. Visa Infinite, World Elite MasterCard, etc).

Also although I wouldn't really condone riding injured, depending on the severity and if it is your right or left knee, potentially maybe ride it home. You really don't need to take any weight on the right. Only do what you feel comfortable doing, plus we are working on limited info here.

My right knee is completely out of comission, range of motion is limited and reaction is slow due to pain. I must've torn one or a couple of tendons. Unfortunately, I'm probably done riding for a month or two while I do rehab which is really too bad since it's my first year riding and teh season just started!

I completely forgot about visa infinite. I have a credit card with them. I should contact them for more info in case I'm ever in a situation similar to this.

I ended up calling EMS and got help from them. At $95+tax, it wasn't too bad from what I'm hearing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm a little late to this but why didn't anyone offer to ride it home for the OP?

I mean this in the most sincere way.

油井緋色;2415510 said:
I'm a little late to this but why didn't anyone offer to ride it home for the OP?

I mean this in the most sincere way.

Would you hand over your keys to someone you met on the web?

Would you hand over your keys to someone you met on the web?
Well, I would. But I'm a very trusting/ naive person.
And only if the person was well versed in riding a purple cruiser.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

I've always had to pay $130-160 for a motorcycle tow.

So what was the outcome @looplise?

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom