Shannonville CSBK Races May 28 2016 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shannonville CSBK Races May 28 2016

I don't think I have ever seen so many bikes crashed in one race before. That was intense. I counted 8 bikes down when Todd had a big one, I was a second behind him and saw him down, but no flag so I kept in the gas. Then red flag.... race over at 9 laps.

The 1000 I was running was a victim of a quickshifter malfunction, not only did the QS stop working if I got revs over around 13,500 but then after we went out to complete the race (yes, another @#$^ show early on), the engine actually cut out randomly for a full lap, then cleaned up... trying to make up time for the last lap (as I lost six positions), I braked from full throttle at around the 100 mark and then found out the hard way that I had gathered up more steam than I thought, to make the corner I'd have to drop the rear wheel and take a big chance at likely 180kph on someone else's bike, so I took the runoff and lost all hope of catching back up.

Bazzaz has a pretty crap product there, I know of at least five of their strain gauges that failed this weekend (the one on my bike yanked 3/4 inches of threads out on a shift). I've never had or used Bazzaz stuff before, and I can say that I won't be out looking for their product for any new bike given this experience. Agree/disagree... it cost me a lot of headache this weekend.

There was a lot of carnage, both human and mechanical this weekend. Hate to see that when you know so many of the racers personally.

Last edited:
It wasn't a good weekend for my friend. Otherwise, it was great to see a huge turn out, I didn't expect half those people to be there.

I "crashed" twice in my race and ran out of fuel. Back end slid 3-4ft in the hairpin on the entrance of the 11th or 12th lap. Then I tucked the front off the back straight on the last lap (tires were howling and I was JUST able to save it and continue) trying to stay ahead of Trevor Daily after my bike hiccuped 3-4 times and we almost ended up in a pile together.

That race was AWESOME! 22 laps was not easy.

You did really well! Wish i could have watched more of it.

The hairpin asphalt was chewed up. I almost tucked the front there and then almost highsided in back to back laps.
Turn 3 with that second black square patch was getting torn up too.

Ah well, make due with what the conditions throw at you.

The hairpin asphalt was chewed up. I almost tucked the front there and then almost highsided in back to back laps.

Thanks! I'm pretty sure the two stone chips in my new helmet and the one in my visor is from one of those places. I wasn't happy finding those.

Which Chris are you, #680 or 270?

Thanks! I'm pretty sure the two stone chips in my new helmet and the one in my visor is from one of those places. I wasn't happy finding those.

Makes two of us. As many stone chips in my visor in one weekend as I have had riding 100K street.

You were flying, shame about the red flag in sbk that cost you another win.

Ya but that's racing. I went out on a soft gambling that I could get 7 or 8 hard laps in and I did. Then it was starting to go just after the restart and I couldn't get enough drive to keep up. Oh well. Maybe next time.
Thanks for the support!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes two of us. As many stone chips in my visor in one weekend as I have had riding 100K street.

The visor I can replace but the high viz red is where my stone chips are. Could be worse, I could have finished my crashes and ended up needing a whole new helmet.

Ya but that's racing. I went out on a soft gambling that I could get 7 or 8 hard laps in and I did. Then it was starting to go just after the restart and I couldn't get enough drive to keep up. Oh well. Maybe next time.
Thanks for the support!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took that gamble in qualifying and it didn't pay off. I never thought I would see traffic in Pro SBK at a CSBK event.

I was beginning to wonder if you were getting any signals to show you had a big gap before the red flag. You were doing really well.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom