Good Insurance company for M2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Good Insurance company for M2

2wzilla

So for starters I'm 23, have G2M2 have a clean record so far (got a speeding ticket "car" but fighting it... so that is still pending), I'm single and I live in Brampton (Oh God!), I had 2013 CBR250R insured with Echelon via Riders Plus for about a year till it was written off this March 2016 in a "not at fault" accident. The driver been charged with HTA S.130, in total I got about 1 year of riding exp.

I called around a bit, but I have a list of bikes that would interest me and I get the feeling insurance companies hate people like me who call around trying to get some digits. So from what I learned Desjardins is probably pretty best choice that is if I want to insure 13-15 Suzuki SFV650 Gladius ABS which with my current age and record added up to $2100. The thing I forgot to ask Desjardins if they will insure the VFR800F I doubt it's considered a Super Sport but who knows.

Anyways what are a fair insurance company for someone like me? And what companies can insure VFR800F's without putting SS label on it?

Thanks in advance. Worse case I just suck it up and get a new Gladius for $8K as I can't seem to find used ones on AutoTraders, also does car insurance count as continuous insurance coverage? Or continues only has to be on a Motorcycle in order to count when it comes to Motorcycle insurance?

call allstate, those guys are super cheap, i'm 24 with GM2 and 2 tickets and they got me the best rate i ever seen for my truck and my bike. under a thousand a year for my suzuki 250 and a hair over a grand for a monster 796 when i called for a quote,

Only motorcycle insurance counts towards motorcycle insurance.

Take note buying new (assuming it's financed) means you will need to carry full coverage vs just liability...and for a newish rider/young rider/new bike that comes at significantly higher cost.

Might be worth calling Dalton Timmis. They've been helping out a crapton of riders recently.

$2100, at 23, with an M2, in Brampton, for an SFV650??? That is an *outrageously* good deal in Ontario. Like, unheard of, and frankly highly suspect... Make sure you're eligible for that before making any plans, a lot of companies require an M

call allstate, those guys are super cheap, i'm 24 with GM2 and 2 tickets and they got me the best rate i ever seen for my truck and my bike. under a thousand a year for my suzuki 250 and a hair over a grand for a monster 796 when i called for a quote,

Dosen't AllState require either full M to just insure a Motorcycle or you have to insure your car with them as well and they will close their eye's on M2 and let you insure the bike?

$2100, at 23, with an M2, in Brampton, for an SFV650??? That is an *outrageously* good deal in Ontario. Like, unheard of, and frankly highly suspect... Make sure you're eligible for that before making any plans, a lot of companies require an M

Yep. I called in Desjardins since few riders have recommended it to me, originally I wanted to pick up a nice 03 600F4i for $3000 but was told they don't insure F4i as it counts as a sports bike. So I was like f-it, I like the SFV650 it's a nice bike and for street I don't really need much more, it got the power to pass on highway and it looks OKAY for a naked. I'm a small guy 66.5 kg so cruisers is a very iffy topic for me as I fear I won't be able to deal with the crazy weight of one. Anyways, after calling them I got quoted $2100 that's for basic protection, there full coverage was $2700 which still is dirt cheap as I was paying $3440 on my 13 CBR250RA.

And no desjardins will insure you with M1 or M2, I told them I'm M2G2, have my MSF finished, had 1 year of motorcycle insurance and have a "not at fault" claim under my name as of March 2016. Still got a cheap as dirt rate for a 650.

A neighbour of mine was looking for insurance on his Shadow 750 which he bought of Kijiji told him about Desjardins and they gave him $750/yr while other insurances companies wanted $1500-$2000. Guy has more years then me and is only 26, same postal code truth.

Only motorcycle insurance counts towards motorcycle insurance.

Take note buying new (assuming it's financed) means you will need to carry full coverage vs just liability...and for a newish rider/young rider/new bike that comes at significantly higher cost.

Might be worth calling Dalton Timmis. They've been helping out a crapton of riders recently.

Yep. $2100 for the SFV650 is basic coverage, $2700 gets you full coverage. I had my CBR250RA financed so I know the pain in the *** paying way more then needed.

Yep. $2100 for the SFV650 is basic coverage, $2700 gets you full coverage. I had my CBR250RA financed so I know the pain in the *** paying way more then needed.

Did you call riders plus ? I am G2M2, finish the safety course 2 years ago. I am 44, married and this is my first motorcycle. It's a Honda shadow and they gave me 699/year. Give them a shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aviva would be very competitive on the 650, especially after the rate decrease effective June 1st as long as you have completed the motorcycle training course.

Contact me if you would like to obtain a quote.

Thanks

Aviva would be very competitive on the 650, especially after the rate decrease effective June 1st as long as you have completed the motorcycle training course.

Contact me if you would like to obtain a quote.

Thanks

Does the new 2017 SV650 count as it's rebranded SFV650 Gladius? And what about the FZ-07? Also can you please PM me your contact info and I will give you a shout bit later.

Did you call riders plus ? I am G2M2, finish the safety course 2 years ago. I am 44, married and this is my first motorcycle. It's a Honda shadow and they gave me 699/year. Give them a shot

Few reasons you're getting cheap insurance. Your 44, married and not in Brampton. And you got a cruiser. I fall in the "stupid age" bracket since I'm 23, and I live in Brampton which is a very bad place for insurance be it car or motorcycle.

Dosen't AllState require either full M to just insure a Motorcycle or you have to insure your car with them as well and they will close their eye's on M2 and let you insure the bike?

yes and no, They require a full M and over 30, unless you have had insurance with them in the past(that has not been revoked). they wont touch SS unless you bring over your house and car.
I kinda lucked out since i already had my truck with them. So M2 and not SS is ok. they have by a very large margin, the best prices around.

Try TD Insurance, Meloche Monnex.
I was insured when i had my M1 and working on my M2.

Try TD Insurance, Meloche Monnex.
I was insured when i had my M1 and working on my M2.

Don't know what TD gave you but TD wanted 10k for a 50cc scooter that was paid off ages ago when I had my M1. So I will pass lol

TD totally jacked rates this year, it was well discussed here and everywhere. Not a deal anymore for most people.

TD totally jacked rates this year, it was well discussed here and everywhere. Not a deal anymore for most people.

TD is a joke when it comes to insurance. I found a fair insurance for my 02 SV650S for $1870/yr that's with 1yr of having M2, being 23, living in insurance hole by name Brampton and having a "not at fault" accident behind my back. And I'm allowed to make by monthly payments :)

TD is a joke when it comes to insurance. I found a fair insurance for my 02 SV650S for $1870/yr that's with 1yr of having M2, being 23, living in insurance hole by name Brampton and having a "not at fault" accident behind my back. And I'm allowed to make by monthly payments :)

Who's that with?

Back
Top Bottom