m2 to full M | GTAMotorcycle.com

m2 to full M

Double_J

Next year I will be moving to a full M. I was curious what sort of rate decrease can I expect? Does a 10% drop sound reasonable?

I know there are many factors that impacts insurance premiums. that is why I am going by percentage.

I didn't get any drop when I went from M2 to M. If any drop in premium occurs next year it may be because you have an additional year of riding experience.

Same here. I called Riders Plus last year to tell them I was newly married and fully M-licensed. Guy was like "Oh okay." No change. Bastids.

I think there are people here who can hook you up after having your M2 or M license for a year.

Intact told me once I get my full M to let them know and they will apply a 10% discount.

No change for me when I got mine -- That said, I am learning now some insurance companies seem to provide discounts to riders who have had a full M for 4+ years.

You know you're no longer young when you pay $700/yr on a gsxr750, lol

Yolo!
Hola!

No change for me when I got mine -- That said, I am learning now some insurance companies seem to provide discounts to riders who have had a full M for 4+ years.

Hey,

I know with Allstate you can get a 30% discount (Elite Rider Discount) when you have had your M license for 4+ years and have a car with us.

From what I was told, by an insider who works in the industry, for the most part you need to go into your policy with an M for most companies. So if you want the discount of having a full M you may need to switch companies.

Most companies don't give a discount going from a M2 to M license.
Motorcycle insurance is different from car insurance, motorcycle it's all about a clean record and years of experience without any claim

Nice handle, playing on my lawn Eh! Going to get messy around here.....:agave:

Last edited:
With M, more Insurance companies will be willing to issue you a policy, less companies give insurance to M2 holders (for example RBC requires you to have full M). Price drop will depend on years of insurance, claims, tickets etc.

With M, more Insurance companies will be willing to issue you a policy, less companies give insurance to M2 holders (for example RBC requires you to have full M). Price drop will depend on years of insurance, claims, tickets etc.
Rbc is full M plus insurance for 3 years or at lead that's why I was denied insurance.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom