T-rex now legal in ontario | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

T-rex now legal in ontario

Would love to try one for a day. Low seating position/sensation of speed is supposed to be the appeal.

But yeah no. Douchemobile.

I know they come across like a douchemobile today but if the market gains traction there should be varies "takes" on the concept. I'm partial to lightweight and economy. I'm not looking for a toy altho I would treat it as one when the need arises. Personally I'm seeing a world where everybody lives in open concept quonset huts and drives fuel efficient three wheelers so please take my pov for what it's worth.

Just got back from South Carolina and these things are everywhere down there. Not sure I'd buy one up here, the ROI given our riding season isn't there and I doubt with 1 wheel drive they're very good in the snow. ;)

Come on guys, reverse trikes like the T-rex are going to be the closest any joe's going to get to driving an open wheel formula car on the street. Judging by the symbiotic relationship between real racers and wannabe racers these should sell like hot cakes. That's just an expression. I have not seen anybody buy a hot cake.

Ariel Atom would be the closest thing to an open wheeler for the street; sadly Transport Canada is playing fun police on these

aa1.jpg

Ariel Atom would be the closest thing to an open wheeler for the street; sadly Transport Canada is playing fun police on these

aa1.jpg

Ever since Jeremy drove one on Top Gear I've wanted to try it...seems like it would make an awesome trackday car that could also be used (sparingly) on the streets.

aa1.jpg

You are correct Neil.

Ever since Jeremy drove one on Top Gear I've wanted to try it...seems like it would make an awesome trackday car that could also be used (sparingly) on the streets.

There is someone in Toronto that imports them for track use only. I also read about someone in Ontario that imported one piece by piece years ago and got it plated as a kit car; not worth the effort/cost unfortunately.

I know this is an old post and this is not quite as fast mine goes 0 to 60 in 4.4 sec 11.88@129 in the 1/4 and cost a darn site less than the AA and no fun police here sometimes I enjoy this more than my 06 busa or my78 kz 1000 z1r

Reactions: J_F
I know this is an old post and this is not quite as fast mine goes 0 to 60 in 4.4 sec 11.88@129 in the 1/4 and cost a darn site less than the AA and no fun police here sometimes I enjoy this more than my 06 busa or my78 kz 1000 z1r

1336075413637_9450087.png

Sorry not sorry.

...T-rex are going to be the closest any joe's going to get to driving an open wheel formula car on the street.

That would be more this, than the t-rex or slingshot, by a long ways...

Interesting. That may help open the door for Elio to bring in their three-wheeled enclosed-cabin vehicle, tentative MSRP of $6,800 USD. Linamar of Guelph will be producing the 900cc 3-cylinder engine for that one.

Startup Elio Motors, supplier Linamar team up to build engines

Elio Motors | The next big thing in transportation!

possibility.jpg

Not gonna happen..the Trex and Slingshot are open air vehicles...this car would never meet Canadian slow speed crash requirements

Back
Top Bottom