Doing a G2 test with your M2? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Doing a G2 test with your M2?

Minardi

Hey everyone!

Just had a small question - I've had my M2 for around 2 years now, and now that I have some time off work and uni I thought it would be a good idea to bump it up to a full M. I will probably take an M2 exit course somewhere, but I also started to wonder about my car licence.
I did take a G1 test when I was doing the M1, because why not? I did not do anything with it, and I wasn't expecting to be driving a car anytime soon (yes, I know, I should have just gotten a G2), but now I became acutely aware of the fact that my licence actually says that my level is G1M2. All this time I thought that my G1 expired, but now I am not sure if I still have it or not. I know that as an M2 I get all the privileges of a G1, driving wise, but do I actually have an active G1 licence as long as my M2 stays valid? The M2 itself expires sometime in 2019.
In other words, do I have to retake the G1 written test, or can I just go ahead and try my hand at a G2 level driving exam? I tried reaching the drive test locations and Service Ontario, but I never actually got to speak to a representative.
The reason I am asking is that I probably going to move to a different city in the next 3 months or so, and having at least a G2 licence would be a great help.

If it isn't expired I'd try to get your G2 and then full G thereafter. Some insurance companies only like people with full G, and also it would royally suck to time out and need to start all over again. Same reason why I short tracked getting my full M as well.

Back
Top Bottom