Purchasing a Motorcycle! HELP!! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Purchasing a Motorcycle! HELP!!

You are right. It is hasen't been on the road and is not insured at the moement. I just want to take the risk and ride to my place and deal with insurance later. I can't do that before hand because my dad is out of the country and the quotes I've recieved required me to transfrer car and home insurance with the company also, and I cannot go ahead and do that without running it through my rents obviously.

I'VE NOTICED :cool:

Friend likely didn't have the bike on the road this season. OP, is this bike in the Walker's line area? I know the seller if yes. Anyway, back to the point, if you're going to safety it right away I presume you're going to ride it right away, so unless the plan is to not insure it at all, it makes no sense to not call up and insure it before you pick it up... So, what's the plan really?

You are right. It is hasen't been on the road and is not insured at the moement. I just want to take the risk and ride to my place and deal with insurance later. I can't do that before hand because my dad is out of the country and the quotes I've recieved required me to transfrer car and home insurance with the company also, and I cannot go ahead and do that without running it through my rents obviously.
If you are transferring your parents home and car insurance then they need to be the registered owner of the bike ( they need M class to insure it).

Its not so easy because I was with statefarm and their rates jumped up like crazy so I now have to switch companies.

Insurance is the easiest thing to do, why would you bother to try and do it this way? Call your insurance guy, tell him the make and model of the new bike, pay the difference for insurance, if any and you are done. Not complicated.

Well I was included into my dad's policy with statefarm and the bike was registered under me. SO im not sure about that.

If you are transferring your parents home and car insurance then they need to be the registered owner of the bike ( they need M class to insure it).

This plan just went from bad to worse. Subscribed for the entertainment to follow.

Most likely, nothing will happen, but lets say you have some bad luck on the way home. Really bad luck. You swerve to dodge a ball that rolled out onto the street, lose control, and take out the 5-year old kid standing at the edge of the road and turn him into a quadriplegic. You have no insurance coverage so you're personally liable. You will be sued. Not only that, but because of your situation/arrangement with your parents, they may also be sued. This would be very, very expensive. Are you prepared to risk your financial future, and possibly everything your parents have worked for, just to ride that bike home without insurance?

Last edited:
and I cannot go ahead and do that without running it through my rents obviously.

Be aware of a possible worst case scenario: If something happens while transferring this bike and you're fraudently using the existing policy with your parents as policyholders, they could end up being sued, as well as you.

I just bought a bike from Quebec & trailered it back before registering it here. Applied the insurance the day I brought it back to make sure it was covered in case of an accident on the way. The company confirmed that it needed to be applied that day to be covered, even though it was on a trailer.

What does a couple days matter, just get it covered. You're buying from a friend. I'm sure he'll wait until your dad gets home and you can straighten out the insurance.

With respect to the 'risk', if you get stopped and get a 'no insurance' charge / $5000 fine, this will be counted as a major conviction and your insurance rates would increase accordingly. Enough so, that you may decide not to ride or even drive for the next few years.

Major Convictions
Failing to report accident
Failure to report damage to highway property
Insurance offenses
Major Conviction (not specified)
School bus improper passing or fail to stop
School playground improper passing Zone

With respect to the 'risk', if you get stopped and get a 'no insurance' charge / $5000 fine, this will be counted as a major conviction and your insurance rates would increase accordingly. Enough so, that you may decide not to ride or even drive for the next few years.

Major Convictions
Failing to report accident
Failure to report damage to highway property
Insurance offenses
Major Conviction (not specified)
School bus improper passing or fail to stop
School playground improper passing Zone

Considering this guy is on his parents' insurance, I'm pretty sure his insurance provider would black list him, and depending on whether they thought his parents were complicit in it, would black list his parents as well. And with that no insurance charge, beyond the $5000 fine, I'd be shocked if any insurance provider would take him on unless a specialty high risk, and at his age I bet the premium would be beyond outrageous for years to come.

Since this is an open forum and certain details have been divulged, you can bet at least a few constables will be fishing for zx6rs this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom