Dyno Results - CBR1000rr | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dyno Results - CBR1000rr

Livewir3

Hey Guys,

The bike is an 08. Got the bazzaz zfi-tc installed and tuned by a local shop late last year. I have not been able to really ride the bike until this year. It feels okay i guess. The bike does not match up with a friends 09 (full exhaust but no tune). Something tells me the bike was not tuned properly. It also feels sluggish on the low end.

This shop tunes for top end power and no partial throttle. This was confirmed.

From the Dyno graph it looks smooth but i don't know enough to really tell. Those that know, what do you guys think?

Looking at getting another shop to tune the bike properly in the next week or so.

There is a difference in HP levels because the dynos are different.

The bike feels much better and more alive now after the Champion Cycle tune. Thanks Danny.

Before (at another shop which i will not name):

After @ Champion Cycle:

Last edited:
you wasted your money. take it to champion cycle and get it done right. a/f ratio in the low rpm is all ****ed up

For a full throttle run, I normally aim for A/F closer to 12.5.

Judging by the ugliness of your full throttle map, my guess is your part throttle maps are complete garbage and honestly with a litre bike on the streets that's where you will spend almost all of your time.

For a full throttle run, I normally aim for A/F closer to 12.5.

Judging by the ugliness of your full throttle map, my guess is your part throttle maps are complete garbage and honestly with a litre bike on the streets that's where you will spend almost all of your time.

I totally agree with that. Hopefully the next shop will be able to correct this.

Those a/f ratios are messsssed. I would get that sorted out asap

Consider changing out the sprockets, too. -1 front, +2 rear seems to work really well, and still leaves you with plenty of top end for the tracks around here. The gearing on these things is ridiculously tall.

Funny you mentioned that. My previous bike had that setup and man was that thing quick. I know at times theres a kit on sale. Will need to shop around.

Update

Got the bike re-tuned at Champion Cycle. Great guys to speak with and very welcoming. They did a great job tuning the bike. It feels alive now.

They also replaced my chain on the spot. Thanks Danny.

Dyno sheet in the main post.

Why would a shop tune a street bike for only top end power? Seems stupid even for a track only bike. That new graph looks much better.

My bike is actually at Champion right now waiting for some engine work then it's going on their dyno.

Back
Top Bottom