Brampton Powersports bad experience | GTAMotorcycle.com

Brampton Powersports bad experience

RevIt

My gsxr has a rectifier recall so i called up Brampton Powersports and got the part ordered and booked an appt. Appt was almost 2 months from when i called but it was still near the end of May and the weather didn't look great anyways.

Couldn't make my appt since i travel for work so i tried to call and re-schedule. Now it's another 2 month wait...plus with my work schedule the chance of making it would be slim to none.

So instead i asked if i can just purchase the part and put it on myself. I was told that i can purchase it for $40 by the parts manager Rebecca and yesterday i went to pick it up.

Once i get there i take the part and go to pay for it. Now it's magically $253 dollars. Was told that it's because they are losing out on the labour from suzuki they want the full price for the part.

I asked to speak to the manager, Rebecca, and she came out and told me that she made a mistake and it's $253 and not $40. It's 40$ for them, $253 for me.

No apology from her for wasting my time, no regard for my time or any attempt to rectify the problem. Simply a bad attitude, and the words "too bad".

i did my brake recall there as well couple years back and it was a less than stellar experience as well, but i figured i'd give them another chance.

Well congrats Brampton Powersports, for your lack of professionalism and disregard for you customers' time you lost me as a customer for good this time.

So call Suzuki Canada and complain and or use a different dealer.

Just have them do it. Most dealers will not let you buy the part on a recall. I had a recall done at snowcity. I am impressed with the level of work done by the mechanic

What taximan said...

Complain to Suzuki Canada, tell them your story, and they'll probably ship you the part for free.

What taximan said...

Complain to Suzuki Canada, tell them your story, and they'll probably ship you the part for free.

Recalls MUST be performed by a dealer, at NO COST to you and in a timely fashion.
The dealer must not sell you the part and allow you to put it on yourself, Transport Canada will get very, very upset.
As has been said (twice) call Suzuki Canada and ask what your next step should be.

transport canada frowns on DIY for re-calls.

Dealer shouldn't of even offered to sell it to you to begin with.

So call Suzuki Canada and complain and or use a different dealer.

What taximan said...

transport canada frowns on DIY for re-calls.

Dealer shouldn't of even offered to sell it to you to begin with.

I called and emailed suzuki of canada and explained the situation to them. Got an automated response by email so tried again today, will see what they say.
I tried several other dealers in the area. Vos said the part is so backed up i wont get it anytime this summer. Snow city was booking for end of july as well.

The part is two bolts and two plugs. And i prefer to do all the work myself anyways, every time i take it to the dealer it comes back with missing screws, scratches, dirty fairings etc

Call and complain but in the end they will tell you to take it to a Suzuki dealer. Take a minute and call Asselstines in Blackstock. Dollars to donuts they'll have it replaced in minutes while you wait. Short country ride out, drink a coffee there while you wait, nice country ride home. Easy peasy.

Call and complain but in the end they will tell you to take it to a Suzuki dealer. Take a minute and call Asselstines in Blackstock. Dollars to donuts they'll have it replaced in minutes while you wait. Short country ride out, drink a coffee there while you wait, nice country ride home. Easy peasy.

Will give it a shot

Check rmstator.com
i ordered it from them 2 years ago. Made it to my door in 2 days.
And was half of the price what dealer asked.

You'll probably have to have it done by a dealership for legal reasons. That said, I'm a little surprised as I had good experiences with Brampton's sales team, but then I have never been there for service. The $40 vs $250 does make a bit of sense though, given there is likely an internal cost vs 'what they sell it for' cost, although that seems a little extreme.

Out of interest though, why Brampton? A shop more in the boonies would probably be less busy, and if they have the part then you can just ride out there, have it done, and ride back. At least it sounds like Suzuki isn't doing what Honda did a while back...they wanted to inspect the part before it could be ordered, which meant they had to hold the bike for a minimum 2-3 days.

You'll probably have to have it done by a dealership for legal reasons. That said, I'm a little surprised as I had good experiences with Brampton's sales team, but then I have never been there for service. The $40 vs $250 does make a bit of sense though, given there is likely an internal cost vs 'what they sell it for' cost, although that seems a little extreme.

Out of interest though, why Brampton? A shop more in the boonies would probably be less busy, and if they have the part then you can just ride out there, have it done, and ride back. At least it sounds like Suzuki isn't doing what Honda did a while back...they wanted to inspect the part before it could be ordered, which meant they had to hold the bike for a minimum 2-3 days.

I dunno why brampton powersports. Have been there before for parts and brake recall and thought that they'd be reasonable. It's still a hell of a ride for me, im in etobicoke. I didnt know of any other dealer around my area that dealt with suzukis.

Turns out not far from me ready powersports on dundas is an authorized suzuki dealer/parts distributor as well. I had good experiences with them when i owned my 2 hondas years ago, but never dealt with service department.

My go to place for many years was Hillcrest Suzuki, but unfortunately they closed.

Last edited:
Well i heard back from Suzuki, they're not willing to do a damn thing for me. Said it has to be done at a dealership and thats that.

Well i heard back from Suzuki, they're not willing to do a damn thing for me. Said it has to be done at a dealership and thats that.

Isn't Ready Powersports a Suzuki dealer, and a lot closer to home ?

And they're not wrong. The regulations pertaining to motor vehicle recalls are issued by the government and are very "thou shalt" in nature. An official dealer MUST perform all recall work. You can BUY the parts involved, there's nothing stopping that from being done, but then the recall will not be considered complete. The dealer has to supply and install. Period. End of story.

The only thing Brampton Powersports did wrong was offering to supply the parts in the first place. They shouldn't have done that.

Is there any pressing reason that the recall work had to be done so urgently? Couldn't you just wait (months) until the parts showed up?

And they're not wrong. The regulations pertaining to motor vehicle recalls are issued by the government and are very "thou shalt" in nature. An official dealer MUST perform all recall work. You can BUY the parts involved, there's nothing stopping that from being done, but then the recall will not be considered complete. The dealer has to supply and install. Period. End of story.

The only thing Brampton Powersports did wrong was offering to supply the parts in the first place. They shouldn't have done that.

Is there any pressing reason that the recall work had to be done so urgently? Couldn't you just wait (months) until the parts showed up?

Yeah there's a reason for it to be done urgently, i don't want to be stranded in the middle of nowhere when it finally dies. Also im starting to notice that the lights flicker a bit, and from what i read thats the first sign before it all goes to hell.

Update

Called Vos Cycle last week and i was told that suzuki is so backed up with this part that i wont get it until the summer is over.

Called Ready Powersports in Mississauga and they ordered the part for me. 6 days later they received it and i went in the same day and got it installed.

No attitude, no bs, they did what they said they were gonna do and that was that.

Back
Top Bottom