Will gas station air pump push out brake piston | GTAMotorcycle.com

Will gas station air pump push out brake piston

cbcanada

Banned
I am overhauling the brakes.. I don't have a compressor to push piston out. Does anyone know if a gas station pump will push it out?

Can't you use the master cylinder on the bike to push it out? I guess you have the caliper off already?

It'll blow it across the street! Good way to damage a piston or loose a finger/eye. 10psi will blow them out with LOTS of force.

I have used a grease gun to remove caliper pistons.

What ever you do, you need to do it in a vise, not in a gas station parking lot.

The piston is seized up somehow, the MC pushes it 1/4". That's why I took the caliper out to clean up whatever crud is in there

It'll blow it across the street! Good way to damage a piston or loose a finger/eye. 10psi will blow them out with LOTS of force.

If the master cylinder pumping out a few thousand PSI doesn't pop it, how will air at <100 psi? I have never seen a piston that stuck.

I agree with dricked, if you have high pressure compressed air, it will be ugly when it pops.

i have compressed air and used it to pop out a few pistons. pop by with a coffee i'll help you out.

Back
Top Bottom