How much of the riding you do is "spirited/up pace? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How much of the riding you do is "spirited/up pace?

Too many posts to quote so I'll try to make a general one.

I want to become a highly skilled rider someday so losing my license in year 1 wouldn't help me accomplish that. I am going to focus on riding smooth and defensive. Once I feel like my skill is stagnating I will force myself to a track day.

I will be a good rider.

Probably the most level-headed post I've seen from you (or most of GTAM) yet.

Courses would be the best way to fast-track better riding skills as it can take years to learn what you can learn in a few months under instruction.

That being said there's nothing wrong with learning on your own (from experience and other riders) and just riding.

Probably the most level-headed post I've seen from you (or most of GTAM) yet.

Courses would be the best way to fast-track better riding skills as it can take years to learn what you can learn in a few months under instruction.

That being said there's nothing wrong with learning on your own (from experience and other riders) and just riding.

World champions used to go that route before big sponsorship dollars and umbrella girls became all the rage. Now they have academies and every rider gets a gift basket replete with stickers.

^ On top of that, no pine cones on the track either!

I made the video listed again since none of you bastards will ever let it go lol

I want to become a highly skilled rider someday so losing my license in year 1 wouldn't help me accomplish that. I am going to focus on riding smooth and defensive. Once I feel like my skill is stagnating I will force myself to a track day.

I will be a good rider.

I started riding 5 years ago. If I could do it all over again, I would've immediately gone to track school on year 2. Year 1 you're still getting familiar to operating a bike. You're cornering completely wrong, your throttle control is non-existent, and you might be afraid of speed. As soon as your fear of speed is gone (sounds like it's gone for you), you should take a track course.

You will not learn anything developing bad habits that you have to unlearn later.

Once I feel like my skill is stagnating I will force myself to a track day.

OK, I simply don't understand your logic at all.
In 3-4 months of riding, what have you done to improve your skills? Have to taken any advanced riding schools, or just rode around a bunch?

I suggest to each and every new rider that they take a track school as soon as the possibly can. The weekend courses at the college parking lots are enough to get you on the street, but they don't develop any real life riding skills at all. The rider will learn more real world skills in a day at the track than they will in a year of riding on the street.

All I can say, is that I really hope you lose the "know it all" attitude before going to a school or track day. You were pretty disdainful of a bunch of track riders who were simply trying to enlighten you in another thread.

I will be a good rider.

Sign up for a Racer5 course now. Don't wait until you have developed bad habits that you then have to un-learn.

World champions used to go that route before big sponsorship dollars and umbrella girls became all the rage. Now they have academies and every rider gets a gift basket replete with stickers.

And they used to get wasted the night before a race, eat garbage, and never visit a gym.

Times change and to keep up with the current crop you must too.

OP, go to a track course. Your going to possibly end up in trouble or worse. You'll have far more fun exploring your limits in a controlled environment.

Sign up for a Racer5 course now. Don't wait until you have developed bad habits that you then have to un-learn.
In before the "but it's only 125s"

油井緋色;2414396 said:
Some riders still don't believe that you can high-side them.

Would have helped shut them up if you had a cam running that day.

Would have helped shut them up if you had a cam running that day.

I wish I had footage of it. It's probably the worst crash I'll ever have *fingers crossed*.

...though the one in-front of you was pretty embarrassing lol

油井緋色;2414400 said:
I wish I had footage of it. It's probably the worst crash I'll ever have *fingers crossed*.

...though the one in-front of you was pretty embarrassing lol

Yeah, for some reason I decided not to turn on my cam that day too. =/

Lol funny that reading his posts you would think he is a Pro rider.

Anyways - We have all been in that spot where you start to feel more confident and now have that need for speed all the time.

A couple of things are going to happen, you will end up accumulating enough tickets to lose your license (6 in my case) or you are going to end up making a mistake and crashing in this case at a high speed.

So the cure for this is to go to the track.

This will do a few things:
-Your skill will increase specially if you take a course
-You will realize that you are not as great as you think you are and start focusing in Technic and not speed.
-You will crash. Crash hurts and takes away that feeling of being invincible that you probably carry right now. While riding on the street you remember how you crashed on track and that in reality you are always on the edge of a crash (a little wrong throttle input, too much speed into a corner, etc) and realize how much worse it would be on the street. This will slow you down.
-Take away the need for speed and really start enjoying your street riding while you are a little above traffic flow on straights and really fast in corners (which can be 60km/hr depending of the corner)

Taking the Racer 5 course June 10-12, coming from a Z1000 I am still very excited to get on those 125's and learn a thing or two. I always want to progress in my riding skills and will hopefully continue to educate myself on a motorcycle through more courses and track days. Teaching the M1 exit course helps me refine the little skills every weekend I am out and not get into bad habits. I can't even count how many times I have used the knowledge from the M1 exit course in situations and rides.

And they used to get wasted the night before a race, eat garbage, and never visit a gym.

Times change and to keep up with the current crop you must too.

OP, go to a track course. Your going to possibly end up in trouble or worse. You'll have far more fun exploring your limits in a controlled environment.

Frank Mrazek was never a world champion or won a world championship round. That's been researched. OK, I'll give you Joel Robert......

Frank Mrazek was never a world champion or won a world championship round. That's been researched. OK, I'll give you Joel Robert......

Haha no idea who those two are. My dad might know though? I do have an old vhs that I watched from the age of 6 called "best bike GP's" that was from schwantz and rainy days. When men were men, or something like that.

Haha no idea who those two are. My dad might know though? I do have an old vhs that I watched from the age of 6 called "best bike GP's" that was from schwantz and rainy days. When men were men, or something like that.
OTE]

Do they know who you are was where I was going with that;)

Anyway, lots of good moralizing and advices in this thread.

Take a week off and ride down to North Carolina. You will have a good time just trying to keep to the 55mph limit if its ur first time.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Take a week off and ride down to North Carolina. You will have a good time just trying to keep to the 55mph limit if its ur first time.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

I wish I had that kind of time. I will do the blue ridge at some point. I have relatives down on Florida so I could use that as an excuse. Although I'd be buying some serious touring kit for a trip like that.

Back
Top Bottom