How much of the riding you do is "spirited/up pace? | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How much of the riding you do is "spirited/up pace?

Not gloating. Just shaking my head at the mentality.

EDIT - Every one of those racer-wannabees who expired out on the roads probably thought it was an appropriate time and place. Not one of them thought that it was not a good time and place, or that they would end their lives by stupid misadventure in what they though was an appropriate time and place.

I mean really, who goes out intending to die? You people advocating that reckless speeds are ok if only you find an "appropriate time and place" are just one miscalculation away from joining the other fools who have gone down before you, as are the fools who listen to your advice.

Best comment here.

Which he? I try to be nimble-hoofed but get tripped up by the bold wordplay of my betters' letters. Maybe I should EDIT: more? #inrebrules.

Best comment here.

Really! It looks like Griff2 equates spirited riding with riding above ones ability, or with little margin for error. And I don't think anyone here is advocating that. Given the low speed limits in this province, its almost impossible for a relatively skilled rider to enjoy a safe "spirited" ride anywhere close to those limits. But given the years of indoctrination and belief in the arbitrary rules set by politicians, I wouldn't expect an ex-cop to ever admit that driving above the speed limit could be safe.

But I think he has set a new low making jokes at the expense of the dead. I certainly hope none of Clayton's friends or family would ever read this thread.

I don't think anyone that takes the chances we do everyday should be having a laugh at the expense of someone else's demise.

Having a laugh? Hardly.

You speak of the "chances we take every day" as if riding is such a dangerous endeavour.

If you really see it as such, then why would you ride in such a way in an uncontrolled public space where anyone or anything can happen at any time, and in an way such as to hugely increase your risk that if anything should go wrong (mechanical failure or human error, your own or that of another road user), that you have virtually no chance to avoid what could have otherwise been an avoidable crash, virtually no chance to reduce the effects the effects of what could have otherwise been a minor crash, and virtually no chance to survive what could otherwise have been a survivable crash?

Your comments in another post highlight this increased risk you create, not only to yourself but to everyone else out there with you..
I feel so much more capable then everything around me so i tend to treat cars like speed bumps and forget sometimes that they can be very unpredictable.

I ride mostly high speed country roads and spend alot of time in the 140-170km/h range with regular trips past 200km/h so everything i do around the speed limit feels like it's in slow motion to me now.

You may find out that one day you will find a car treating you like a speed bump simply because you were riding in a way that other road users could not reasonably expect to encounter out on the roads.

The only questions then will be are whether you will survive, and whether you will take someone else out with you, as was the case in Burlington not so long ago where one person such as yourself took two others out with him. And of course, how many might go down on your subsequent memorial ride.

The only questions then will be are whether you will survive, and whether you will take someone else out with you, as was the case in Burlington not so long ago where one person such as yourself took two others out with him. And of course, how many might go down on your subsequent memorial ride.

Man, this thread it turning into some sort of motorcycle version of J.G. Ballard's "Crash". Drennan better stop speeding before we have to endure descriptions of splashing fluids.

Having a laugh? Hardly.

You speak of the "chances we take every day" as if riding is such a dangerous endeavour.

If you really see it as such, then why would you ride in such a way in an uncontrolled public space where anyone or anything can happen at any time, and in an way such as to hugely increase your risk that if anything should go wrong (mechanical failure or human error, your own or that of another road user), that you have virtually no chance to avoid what could have otherwise been an avoidable crash, virtually no chance to reduce the effects the effects of what could have otherwise been a minor crash, and virtually no chance to survive what could otherwise have been a survivable crash?

Your comments in another post highlight this increased risk you create, not only to yourself but to everyone else out there with you..

You may find out that one day you will find a car treating you like a speed bump simply because you were riding in a way that other road users could not reasonably expect to encounter out on the roads.

Your posts put me to sleep. Lighten up and enjoy the ride.

Back
Top Bottom