But of a trek for you.

Rash-- same rash, same side.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just north.
But of a trek for you.

Rash-- same rash, same side.

That's strange. But it is all around my neck, worse on the left side.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

That's strange. But it is all around my neck, worse on the left side.

Do the soap and water wash. I read something once about a lady or guy that wore new underwear without washing it first and got a major rash from the dyes used.

Do the soap and water wash. I read something once about a lady or guy that wore new underwear without washing it first and got a major rash from the dyes used.

I washed my helmet as soon as I bought it since you never know if someone randomly tried it on.

Or maybe the rash was from someone randomly trying on

Seems like you have tried to go many routes. With nothing successful.

Dermatologist might be your next step. Check with your Doctor.

Seems like you have tried to go many routes. With nothing successful.

Dermatologist might be your next step. Check with your Doctor.
Appointment soon. In the meantime, a good Ole bandana I suppose

That just looks like it's from the D-Ring. Can you somehow coat it in something to prevent it from touching your skin? Maybe some sort of wax that can be melted on and dries to be solid

Appointment soon. In the meantime, a good Ole bandana I suppose

Happy to hear. Suggestion. Wash your bandana in water only. Can you use just hot steam in your helmet. Not too much as there is glue in there holding things together. Take out your liner and do the same to that. No chemicals what-so- ever. Wait until you have seen the Dermatologist bloke.
Good Luck. :)

That just looks like it's from the D-Ring. Can you somehow coat it in something to prevent it from touching your skin? Maybe some sort of wax that can be melted on and dries to be solid

That wax will probably quickly wear off. Sew a tube of cloth, or use a tube of nylon webbing, slip it over the strap, do your D rings up, then slip the cloth tube over the 2 D rings. Tension on the strap, once done up, will keep the cloth tube in place. The D rings are probably made of brass covered in chrome.

Last edited:
wash it
warm water with baby shampoo
rinse well
dunk the helmet
remove visor first
use towel to dry inside as best you can
lay on towel flat surface point the fan at it
should dry in a day

This! Bacterial infections in your scalp are really nasty and usually caused by a stinky helmet.

I was reading this last night with a quizzical look on my face when you guys started talking about modding my helmet.

How old is the helmet? If the liner is a bit nasty it may be better to just replace it.

If my helmet was causing rashes I would either replace the liner or whatever piece is causing the rash (if it is a different material and will actually make a difference) or just buy a new helmet that I did not have an allergic reaction to.

That wax will probably quickly wear off. Sew a tube of cloth, or use a tube of nylon webbing, slip it over the strap, do your D rings up, then slip the cloth tube over the 2 D rings. Tension on the strap, once done up, will keep the cloth tube in place. The D rings are probably made of brass covered in chrome.

I'd be surprised if helmet d-rings are anything other than diestamped stainless steel. Paging BrianP!

I'd be surprised if helmet d-rings are anything other than diestamped stainless steel. Paging BrianP!
I'm not really clever when it comes to fixing things, so I don't know how successful I'd be.

Back
Top Bottom